1,256 results
All reviews cream tea scones wedding party four poster bed wedding reception afternoon tea murder mystery weekend my partner ham food was lovely lounge area jail ale lovely setting long walk sunday lunch this lovely hotel dartmoor national park
Reviewed 22 March 2015

Good food, good service fantastic atmosphere. Amazng friendly helpful staff .One small complaint would be that the afternoon would have been even nicer with more sandwiches and less cake. Beautiful rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Two Bridges H, General Manager at Two Bridges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2015

Thank you for your kind words, Chef has said that next time you visit he will happily give you more sandwiches and less cake, please just ask.
Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2015

We cycled on the Moor , and began and ended or cycle at the Two Bridges. The staff were very happy for us to park our car there and saved us a table next to the fire for when we got back. Fantastic attentive staff and lots of them!
Wonderful lunch-my husband had Ham egg and chips-the beautiful ham melted, the poached egg balanced on a column of ham and three cooked chips in a basket were crispy and done perfectly
My venison was rich , and the sticky toffee pudding we both had for afters was a surprise with date and fig. Really made us smile
We will be returning !

Room tip: We came for the lunch
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

On behalf of Chef and everyone here, thank you for your review. The weather is perfect at the moment so hopefully we will see you again very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2015

Four of us stayed last week for three days (my new husband, son and girlfriend), this being our 6th or 7th visit and as usual had the most amazing time. My son and girlfriend had never stayed before and were delighted by their room, the gift bottle and the fantastic food. As ever the staff were most welcoming to all of us including our two dogs. The location is perfect for walking and a quiet break, the lounge with real fires very welcoming and the food fabulous. We cannot fault our stay and will certainly be revisiting.

Room tip: Great Rooms but some only have handheld shower over a corner bath.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

On behalf of all the team, thank you for your very kind words, we all look forward to your 8th and 9th visits!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

...not quite so great for business!

I stayed here for two nights for work. It was immediately impressive, I received a nice warm welcome and the receptionist showed me to my room which was a nice touch.

The room ( number 9) was very nice, perfectly clean and a wonderful barhroom. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds ever with nice clean and fresh linen. Great so far and if I'd have been on a romantic break it would have been perfect.

However, I couldn't get a mobile phone signal at any time which made it tricky to communicate with work and home. It's definitely geared for pleasure, which of course is no bad thing.

There wasn't too much choice on the menu but I braved it on my own in the dining room amongst the couples! The staff were lovely and the food, well it was amazing. I can't praise it enough, better than I've eaten anywhere including the breakfast. I would go back for the food alone!

A slight gripe was that I think the room was over the kitchen and dining room and the music was quite loud and could be heard over the tv. Fortunately it stopped at ten o clock.

Lastly, it was a shame that the hotel couldn't arrange a supplement for my husband to stay with me. He would have loved going for walks while I was at work. Also he would have eaten in the hotel with me and no doubt had a couple of sneaky cream teas! I did ring the hotel beforehand to enquire, but they were clear that despite my organisation paying for me, they charged per person rather than per room and it would have cost him £150 to tag along. Bit of a shame. Nevertheless the place is fantastic and I loved the geese!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dee1975

Thank you for your comments, we were delighted to hear that you did enjoy your visit. The lack of signal for mobile phones is a problem on Dartmoor but we were so glad that it didn't spoil your overall experience. Your other comments have been noted and we look forward to your return visit.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We cannot praise this hotel too highly. The function was arranged at very short notice but the Ceremonies Team managed to pull it all together in two weeks & organise everything down to the finest detail. The day could not have been more perfect if we had spent a year planning it! Despite being mid-February, the location is still beautiful & we were blessed with both a heavy snow shower & bright sunny spells in the afternoon!!
The food was excellent & our guests thought the roast beef was the best they had ever had!
All the stay were very friendly & helpful, and the service at the meal was both unobtrusive and efficient.
We stayed overnight, and our room was perfect, right down to the Jacuzzi bath!
Our full English breakfast the next morning could not be faulted.
Overall, we could not have chosen a better venue for our wedding and fully intend to spend our next few anniversaries at the Two Bridges.
Our sincere thanks to all the staff.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WarmWelcome_Devon, General Manager at Two Bridges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

On behalf of all the team here thank you for your review, we were all delighted to hear that the day was such a success and we all look forward to seeing you again, hopefully before your first anniversary!
Best Wishes,