“NIce staff and a good base for exploring Dartmoor”

Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Okehampton
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I stayed for two nights and found the staff really nice and very helpful. Unfortunately, and I must highlight that this was no fault of the staff, I was awoken by noise in the early hours of the morning during my first night's stay. It was approximately 3.50am and I looked out of my window to see a group of men standing just outside of the entrance to the Travelodge who were talking and laughing loudly. This happened on about 4 occasions during the early hours of that same morning and it disturbed my sleep. I informed the staff once I was up the following morning, who were very apologetic and said it was a group of workmen staying at the Travelodge for the week. They work at night and sleep during the day, hence why they were up talking at 4am. I told the staff I would call out of my window at these men if they were there again in the early hours of my second night's stay. However, all was quiet so hopefully someone had a word with them about the noise they were creating on my first night. This occurance will not prevent me from returning to Okehampton Whiddon Down Travelodge, however, as the staff were great and, as previously mentioned, this noise was created by other guest and was no fault of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are so pleased to learn that you were pleased with the service you received, however we would like to apologise for the noise disturbance that impacted your stay from our other guests.

We have taken measures to help reduce any such impact on our guests’ stays with us, however we are so sorry that this affected your first night with us. Please rest assured we will pass on your feedback to the Hotel, so it may be looked into further.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Kept falling through the gap between the beds in the middle of the night. The curtain rails in the bathroom need a change as they are filthy. Had to construct it ourselves, really not comfortable. Very loud can hear every stomp. Never knew it was a disabled room, if I were disabled it would be a disgrace!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on the way to Newquay. Polite welcome at the reception and the room was clean comfortable and warm. Bath room could benefit from an update but it was clean. Great sleep and staff in the morning were very friendly and informative would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017

After a long journey down the motorway thanks to storm Brian we were very pleased to arrive at a no nonsense check in, just give your name and get the key. Room was very large, suspect they put in another bed and make it a family room. Only criticism there was only one chair when there was more than enough room for another bed and a table plus chairs. It was lovely and quiet - no noise from other rooms. Very nice café next door serving interesting locally sourced food. Would happily stay again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The room was clean and tidy,well aired and comfortable.The only downside was there was not cooked breakfast in the Travelodge.There was a eating place on site but we did not enjoy the breakfast we had there.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okehampton
10.7 km away
9 km away
Bovey Castle Hotel
Bovey Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Bovey

Been to Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down? Share your experiences!