“Second time, total escape and relaxing ”

Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ilsington
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Ilsington, the first time was because I needed a place to stay after being at a friend’s for a few days, and just fancied a spa as it was raining so I booked last minute. It is near Haytor which I was keen to walk up, so I was onto a sure thing. I wasn’t disappointed then and I wasn’t disappointed a second time either. This time I knew when visiting the same friend I’d tag on a trip here.

Experience: The staff are lovely, this time I booked the Heavenly Haytor (a massage and facial) which were needed after a busy London spell where I live and work. It was so good this time to have the treatment and recommendations made for my skin. The spa and the hydrotherapy pool are AMAZING. The jets did wonders for my neck/back.

I stayed in a country double both times, 6 pillows for my weary head - I slept so well!

Food: The breakfast is good, the flapjacks in the rooms are a welcome treat and I’ve eaten in the blue tiger both times and both meals were yummy and as a solo traveller, I felt totally at ease eating on my own (because the staff were lovely).

I hope to be back again as it’s such a good escape, and base from which to lose yourself on Dartmoor.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and was very happy with the room, food, facilities and pleasant staff. Had a lovely room with views across the countryside. The hotel is in an exceptionally quiet spot and the rooms are well designed and fitted out. We were warm and cosy and there was plenty of hot water for baths and showers. We ate in the Tiger Blue Inn and the restaurant and found all the food to be delicious. Great coffee and hot chocolates too. They were able to cater for gluten free easily. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The swimming pool and hydrotherapy pool are both excellent - we spent hours in both. Is in a perfect position - just 2 miles from Haytor Rocks. Would definitely recommend to those who wanted a quiet retreat of comfort, views and exceptional food.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Had a lovely stay recently at the IIsington Country House Hotel and Spa. Beautiful view from our room with well kept grounds to walk around. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The food and service were excellent at dinner and breakfast. Lovely little touches in our room such as the homemade biscuits which were absolutely delicious! A very comfortable hotel with a pleasant family feel to it. Will definitely make a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We had three nights, and ate in at the Blue Tiger each night. A lovely room, nice view and very comfortable bed. The food is exceptional including the breakfast. Staff are friendly , helpful and welcoming. my wife had a spa treatment which she said was great. Swimming pool, sauna etc all very nice. (very small point, thin walls between our room and the next meant that one could hear their morning conversations.) The hotel is in a great position for exploring Dartmoor, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: there are a variety of rooms, we opted for a larger room with a huge bed
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Excellent room, food and all round service in ideal and lovely surroundings. The staff kept some food back for us as we were late arriving which was very thoughtful. The pool was very nice and the whole experience was well worth the long journey down from the Midlands. We would come again and would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Richard H, Owner at Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Bob S,

Thank you for your review and delighted you enjoyed your reunion with us. Hopefully you will have another excuse to visit us again on a future occasion.

Kind regads,

Richard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilsington
9.7 km away
34 km away
Horn of Plenty
Horn of Plenty
#1 of 1 in Gulworthy

Been to Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa

Address: Ilsington Village | Dartmoor National Park, Nr Newton Abbot, Ilsington, Dartmoor National Park TQ13 9RR, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Devon > Dartmoor National Park > Ilsington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ilsington
Price Range: €121 - €172 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa 3*
This highly rated country house hotel is set in 11 acres of private land within the boundaries of the Dartmoor National Park. The hotel has its own flock of hens busy laying eggs for breakfast and there is an overall sense of calm and relaxation around the hotel. Award winning food is served in the main Restaurant whilst the Blue Tiger Inn with its large sun terrace offers more informal dishes of excellent quality. Emphasis is on local produce and homemade creations. Lovely cream teas can be enjoyed in one of the comfortable lounges. Beautiful new Spa opened in 2015 with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, fitness suite and indoor pool. Awarded Gold for Spa and Wellness Experience in South West Tourism's 2017 awards. 3 treatment rooms also available offering a range of luxury treatments. Located in the Dartmoor National Park, yet only 4 miles from the A38 making Ilsington and ideal place for exploring South Devon. Included in the Good Hotel Guide. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ilsington Country Hotel