“Last holiday meal”

Ranked #26 of 114 Restaurants in Brixham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great selection of fish available and of good size with prices reasonable. The freshness could be tasted throughout - wonderful. We booked online and we're met by very amenable staff.I had Fritto Misto , my wife the Brill, and my son the Cod all lovely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I was really looked forward this visit. Kids got a fab pack of games and puzzles and even a wallet. Waitress drew lines on the fresh fish of the day on our paper table cover which the kids loved. Started well.

The starters came quickly then it all went down hill.
The kids food came after the starters but our starter plates were not cleared for nearly 40 minutes. It wasn't even that busy as we'd booked at 5pm.
The waiting staff seemed oblivious to the fact and the kids had long finished their food before our plates were cleared.
My husband had to ask about the mains and chase a waitress to clear. Ice cream came and the mains had still not arrived.
I had to leave at 7pm leaving my husband to eat alone and bring my food home in a box. Consequently, the mains fish were totally over cooked as of course the chef would have been cooking that about 40 mins prior to that.
Very very poor. We've eaten locally in 4 other more independent restaurants and quite rightly they put the ingredients first.
Rockfish is flashy and all fur coat and no knickers. Promises so much with their kids pack and free fizzy water. Can't deliver on food or service. Shame as funnily enough that should be the priority. Maybe they should pop across the harbour and see how the breakwater do it. Busier, friendlier and gets the idea of celebrating the fish. Rockfish waste their fish. Shameful.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Service was excellent, friendly and informative. Perhaps we should have gone for the specialties. Haddock was a huge portion, the jumbo prawns were tasty in their garlic butter. The monkfish scampi though was disappointing. Price was quite high, considering we had no starters or deserts and just the one round of drinks.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We were staying for a week and tried to get in on our arrival day Saturday but the place was heaving. We then booked for the Tuesday night and found it much more manageable in terms of how busy it was.

Took two fussy teenage boys with us it with the help of the friendly waitress we somehow worked our way through the menu to find things they would eat.

We had great fish starters and then I had halloumi burger and my friend a chicken burger, both excellent served with a little bucket of chips.

You can sit outside and enjoy the view but as it was an unseasonally chilly and windy night we had a nice table indoors

Could recommend for anyone

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I'd definitely recommend this restaurant. Arrive early or book if you want a table in August. We arrived just after 12. The waiter could not have been more friendly, accommodating or caring. He even offered us blankets as it was cold and rainy out and the kids were shivering.

The kids' menu is great and the free pack they give the kids was the best I've ever seen with lots of activities including top trump cards and stickers etc.

Our food arrived quickly and was delicious all round. The chips are crisp and light and unlimited which is such a great idea.

We all had ice cream sundaes too which were great.

Very happy and look forward to coming back again.