“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We went last Tuesday and had the set menu of sardines, pork belly and pannacotta. All courses we’re lovely and the team of husband in the kitchen and wife waiting on was brilliant. We’ll definitely be back.

2  Thank GuynHazel

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Superlatives are used too frequently and too freely on TripAdvisor, as frankly are five-star ratings - but this restaurant deserves both, in spades. This is a lovely, comfortable and very welcoming restaurant serving first-rate food with an excellent wine list - all at which make it much more affordable than restaurants of similar calibre. If I didn't live in London I'd be returning regularly but since I do I can only recommend it to anyone visiting the area who loves food and wine. Without naming names this is clearly much better than other fine-dining restaurants in the immediate area. It is frankly much better than many of the fine dining restaurants in London.

What's refreshing is that Daniel as chef is turning out not just tasty and clever starters and main courses but also great home made breads and difficult-to-execute desserts. It is fresh,
thought-through and moreish. Like the best chefs he takes good ingredients and does things to them that make them standout. You leave full, but wanting more. Katherine front of house is knowledgeable and offers her redoubtable wine knowledge - if you want it - with a light touch. If you don't - more fool you, but I get the sense there would be no hard sell. The service is just right, too - welcoming, personal and friendly but not obtrusive in any way.

This combination is important because you're getting the food and wine you'd hope for from a really top restaurant with the friendly service you'd look for from a good neighborhood bistro, at prices that make it accessible. That is a rare and special thing.

I was actually taken aback by how good Lytehouse was. If it wasn't for the ten-hour round trip from home they would be seeing an awful lot more of me. Heartily recommended!

4  Thank NickL695
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is absolutely fabulous, with amazing and tentative staff. The restaurant inside is small and cosy.

The food tasted so fresh and delicious, I had the sardines and venison and my boyfriend had the beetroot salad and pork belly, I’d recommend the pork belly over the venison. We chose to have the paired wines, which is the way to go, the wines were fantastic and we even took 2 bottles home with us.

If you’re in town and looking for a NICE relaxing restaurant I strongly recommend booking the Lytehouse.

2  Thank LibJ1
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food! I had pork belly and my friend mackerel, both were most amazing! Service was excellent, advice about matching our wine and local information. Cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Great team in front of house and the kitchen delivering what I would deem a fine dining style experience. All the dishes were very good and the service would take a lot to beat. Will call again if we are in the area.

Date of visit: May 2018