“Great views”

The Braunton Inn
Ranked #38 of 45 Restaurants in Braunton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Braunton Inn in Barnstaple is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Recently visited with my family amazing surroundings loved it that it was set in a castle, have to say food very dissapoining.

General Manager A, Manager at The Braunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Berniegoncalves63, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Our recent menu change has meant a period of adjustment in the kitchen and we are sorry that this negatively impacted your visit. We do hope that you will come again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Recently visited with my family (6 of us), we had a mixture of different food for starters and mains, including mushrooms, scallops and prawn cocktail, most of us had the wagyu burger for mains and a fish pie. The food was fairly pleasant, came out hot and with a decent wait time. The staff were really polite and helpful, the price came out around £30 per head, with some added drinks. Nothing spectacular, but a reasonable price for a reasonable meal.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we hope that next time we can make your visit more special.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Good, large car park for dog friendly pub/restaurant. The pub was quite busy but the staff were friendly and pleasant.
Food was very tasty with everyone being very happy with their choices of main & dessert. I had the fish pie which was very tasty.
A very pleasant evening was enjoyed by us all.

Hi Lacrotelloise, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! I will pass these comments along to the front and back of house teams. We do hope to see you again soon.

6 people & 1 Dog
Fabulous meal
Fantastic service
Great meals
We are on holiday in Devon and wanted a meal out. We sat in the snug which was great for us our dog loved the space to lie down. We all had mains and puddings and was thrilled with the food! Would highly recommend!

Niclawr7479, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review. We do hope that if you are ever in the area again you will pop in and see us!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I was passing and thought I would try this pub with a very nice exterior view. I went in April but suspect the view gets better in summer. The food I had was very nice for a reasonable price. Would have liked to try a beer but I was driving and it was work hours.

Many thanks for taking the time to review us, I am so glad that you enjoyed your meal with us. You must come back in the summer for that beer!