All reviews the pub tassimo machine steak night indian chef walking the south west coastal path whilst visiting family stayed here for one night nice stay next morning pudding would stay again warm welcome shutters slippers kettle bude pubs
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Went to George for drinks on a Saturday night. The George is on the main street passing through Braunton so is easy to find.
The pub had a nice atmosphere and had live music the night we were there. I wasn’t a fan of the music played however that is down to personal taste rather than because of their ability, my fiancée thought it was great!
Inside it has a nice light interior and looks modern while still retaining its traditional pub feel. It caters for young and old, with people of all ages.
A nice local pub!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed here for one night after my fathers funeral.
I booked Executive rooms but don't think we got them. We were meant to have robes, slippers and a coffee machine but didn't get any. Looking on the website the furniture looked more upmarket too. My son had a rail for a wardrobe. Our rooms were also above the bar overlooking the traffic lights on the crossroads. It did have a nice en-suite shower room and a kettle.
Checking in is at the bar which on Friday night was heaving so a bit difficult.
We dropped our bags and went back to the bar which was very busy with nice friendly staff.
The breakfast the next morning was good.
I would stay again but not pay extra for executive rooms that I feel sure we didn't get.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper not 4 or 5
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We were booked in here for our penultimate night walking the SWCP over five days from Bude to Woolacombe in reverse direction. I have to admit to some slight reservations on arrival late afternoon in the pub downstairs, but these proved to be ill-founded. The room was spacious, clean and with a comfortable bed, whilst breakfast exceeded my expectations next morning, being well cooked and served very efficiently.
I would be very happy to recommend this place to fellow walkers.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Went to the George Inn for steak night whilst in Braunton for a short break. The group had mixed expectations but the food turned out to be fantastic. Steak cooked perfectly and the seasoning on the chips made them the best I've ever tasted. Steak, chips, onion rings and a cider for £12 so good value. Beware regular menu prices considerably more pricey. Also worth noting there is a very cheap car park a two minute walk away next to the medial centre.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Went on steak night
Good food and service
Staff friendly beers good
Parking in braunton difficult but free after 5pm when we went in public car park off caen street and South street just a couple of minutes walk

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family