“Lunchtime favourite”

Ranked #36 of 145 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Situated in the heart of St Peter Port's scenic Market Square we are an independent, family owned cafe. Our menu caters for all palettes with a wide range of galettes, sweet crepes, omelettes and croissant, also keep an eye out for our weekly specials board for delicious soups, quiche and cakes made by our award winning baker. We take great pride in being one of only a few St Peter Port establishments to still serve freshly ground coffee. Our lovely cafe has a large al-fresco dining area right on the edge of Market Square (a pedestrian only area) where you can sit and watch the world go by with a true continental feel. From January 2015 we have imposed a ban on smoking within the al-fresco area. Pop in and see us for a delicious breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack - or just enjoy a coffee. Our kitchen is open all day. Please email or call if you would like any further information We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Cafe Delices is a firm favourite of mine and their quality never seems to dip! You can always rely on them for fresh, delicious food and their changing specials menu adds a little variety among their everyday staples.

I tend to visit for a treat now and then or, during the summer, I sometimes stop for their ice cream! For me, what seems to be the biggest draw lately is their social media! They tend to keep their specials up to date on their Instagram and this will more often than not draw me in. Recently, their Florentine (spinach, ham and egg) galette and Thai Green Curry galette have been particularly delicious! Their online presence is excellent and they always tend to reply quickly. It's a really nice personal touch that seems to work well for them!

I would highly recommend Cafe Delices! Their food is excellent and the service likewise. They really have everything they do down to a fine art and are unsurprisingly busy every lunch time!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank GuruLark

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We called in here for an afternoon snack, having wandered by a couple of times and thinking it looked good. It was always busy, which is usually a good sign. On going in we found very friendly service and a good range of what turned out to be very good crepes. They also do galettes, which looked good although we didn't try those.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 14 August 2018

This was so lovely and relaxing. It was a treat for us to eat outside on the street like this, in beautiful sunshine and with all the Guernsey flower displays around. We enjoyed watching world go by and even got out the chess set. We were never hurried on, we were never rushed or made to feel we shouldn't be there. We had first class coffees. hot chocolates, crepes. We had very attentive and delightful waitress who never failed to come over if I indicated we needed her. What a lovely and happy hour we had.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank blueberrybelle
Reviewed 12 August 2018

I ordered the stilton quiche. I had to send it back as it was lukewarm and very runny. Both the server and the chef seemed to get quite huffy about my request. When the quiche came out the second time, it was much hotter, but still very runny. The crust was soggy and I couldn't taste the stilton. Sadly, this quiche was rather tasteless.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I tried to go here for breakfast and wasn’t allowed in the door. The café inside was completely empty- not a single person - but I was told I could not come inside because I had a baby in the pram (he was asleep). When I pointed out the café was completely empty the waiter said rules and rules and it is for health and safety reasons. I would not recommend this café for families with children or babies as the staff as so rude and unhelpful. Given the way I was treated by the waiter I suspect they might be discriminatory against children or babies in the café and look to discourage them with ridiculous, self made rules.

Date of visit: July 2018