“Can I order everything?”
Review of Fat Rascal

Fat Rascal
Ranked #12 of 143 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$9 - US$51
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The initial greeting from the manager was very impressive. Cool but very professional and efficient. We just went for lunch, and the entire menu looked amazing. We had a variety of food off the brunch menu, which was very good value. And a few nice beers. Would love to return to this place and gradually eat everything off all the menus.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for the first time and had the Tennerfest. £15 for three courses and it was all very good. Especially liked the doughnut for dessert. Nice atmosphere and was very busy for a midweek lunchtime so other people obviously share my like of the place. Will definitely be back again. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

The Fat Rascal’s is most definitely a favorite of mine. Whether it is for brunch, lunch, dinner or even just a coffee. The atmosphere is chilled, light and friendly. Steve and his staff are very welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is great, the ingredients sourced locally and the menus are well thought out. On top of this it tastes delicious. The selection of gin is interesting and varied. The toilets are always clean and I love the fact there is a box of lady / mummy essentials in there (wipes, deodorant, sanitary items...). This place is also great for parties. I organised our Xmas staff do there last year and it was a wonderful evening. I cannot recommend this place enough. If you have never been, don’t wait any longer and book a table!

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place!
We ate on the tennerfest menu and it was delicious. The staff were super friendly and the ambience was great.
Hope to return in the future...

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Visited on Wed 31 Oct, one of the best experiences in Guernsey over the 14 years of being here.

Managed to squeeze in with two nights notice by negotiating a table with owner Steve. Struggled to understand that a midweek could be so busy but soon learnt why, this being our first visit. We agreed to an early diner understanding the table was booked for a second sitting at 8.30pm.

Arriving at 6.45 we immediately sat in a welcoming and un flustered way, the place was 75% full already but a relaxed and genuine welcome meant a lot.

Our waitress was Esmeralda, a fifteen year old on school half term, a northern girl who was so friendly and beyond her youth, a sparkly attentive lady who was a credit to the team and wasn’t phased by questions she herself couldn’t answer, happy to seek guidance from Steve.

We started with the Mac Bon Bons which was an unknown first for me but thoroughly enjoyable, my lady had the Salmon Bruschetta, a tad under toasted she said but a huge portion and bordering main portion size! Maybe a bit thinner and crispier bread may polish it.

I took the Rascal Bourginion which again was a very generous portion, tender and piping hot, plentiful enough for me. My other half fancied the Steak, again it hit the spot, sure it was more than 6oz, cooked good and rare as asked for, again a tender cut, hot and oozing in garlic butter, fries served hot too, simply garnished with rocket, just enough.

I finished with the Donut, a nice twist, sliced warmed and sandwiching fresh toasted marshmallows, drizzled with chocolate sauce and topped with ice cream! Bloody awful, NOT, it was great.

Had two pints, a bottle of white and a bottle of Harrogate Sparkling water with a bill for £55 - the service, friendliness, quality and environment are a credit to you Steve, lovely to meet you, keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

An excellent eatery to Guernsey and one we’ll highly recommend.

Thank you Fat Rascal.