“Pleasant atmosphere and good qualitytasety food”
Review of La Perla

La Perla
Ranked #13 of 145 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The atmosphere was bustling and the restaurant full. Despite the number of patrons, the food was served in a timely manner and the waiting staff were attentive and pleasant. The food was much nicer than expected and I was pleasantly surprised. Had a very good meal and a pleasant evening.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Never had a bad meal here. Charming couple run it and give excellent value with a varied menu. If only they’d invest in decent cutlery I’d give them four points!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We visited during Tennerfest and this was one of very few places offering a 3 course evening meal for a tenner. And what a lovely meal! No small portions to make up for the price, this was a real bargain. I was hesitant about going in as the outside doesn't look too inviting-a bit like a greasy spoon really, but inside it is like a taverna and had plenty of local customers who obviously know how good the food is. We had calamari and smoked chicken with mozzarella and pesto to start, really good, then scampi and lasagna for mains. My lasagna was superb and a proper baked one with lots of sauce around it, not dry and loaded with cheese and stuck under a grill! It came with loads of veg too, too much for me to manage. But the piece de resistance was the tiramisu which was fabulous and a very good portion. The waitress was chatty and friendly, we were talking about Madeira where her family lived. When I come back to the island I will visit again, but make sure I don't eat much at lunchtime this time!

Reviewed 27 October 2018

We enjoyed a great Tennerfest menu, we all choose something different and everything was excellent.Especially enjoyed the vegetable and lentil soup and the tiramisu dessert.We always try and visit when visiting my daughter and love the atmosphere and great friendly service, well done everyone, another lovely evening.We’ll be back !!

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We have visited La Perla so many times over the years without cause for complaint, so we called mid-week to pre-book a table for the weekend, for my parents’ 36th wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were turned away by the new manageress, who told us that the restaurant hadn’t got any record of our booking. She was rude, inhospitable and abrupt. The atmosphere, which used to be lively and welcoming, was anything but. We managed to get a table at La Piazza, which I would highly recommend. We will not be returning to La Perla.

Date of visit: September 2018