Just returned from a week in St Peter Port and we stayed at St Georges Guest House. The location was great, just about ten minutes walk to the centre of town, but very flat and by the sea which made the walk enjoyable. The traffic was a bit of a nightmare, but that can be said for all roads in Guernsey - far too many cars! The good thing was though, the bus stop was right outside the guest house and you could travel right around the island in about one hour for £1.
At the Guest House, we found the service excellent, the staff were pleasant and very helpful. We had a good, plentiful selection of both hot and cold foods for breakfast each morning.
The twin room we stayed in was a ground floor annex on the patio, it was very clean and bright and furnished with pine furniture. It had an excellent shower room and small flat screen TV. Free internet was also available in the dining room. Set in the middle of the hotel, we heard no noise from the busy road outside.
The only negative thing I would say about the Guest House is that they allow smoking on the patio, which meant that when other guests were sat outside smoking we had to close the window to our room as it became very offensive. Also on sunny days, the tables were set out for breakfast on the patio, a lovely gesture, but again we would not use these as other guests were smoking nearby.
All in all though I would recommend St Georges Guest House as an excellent base in St Peter Port, value for money and well worth a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting an enviable location by the sea and 2 minutes’ drive from St Julian’s Pier, locally known as North Beach, St Georges is a family-run guest house with free Wi-Fi and Free public parking is also available,nearby and a large carpark on the sea wall. Each room at St Georges features an en suite bathroom with tea/coffee making facilities, and a flat-screen TV. Some rooms also boast picturesque views of Belle Greve Bay and the picturesque islands of Sark, Herm, and Jethou. A complimentary breakfast is served daily. The busy Saint Peter Port Harbour with ferries to Jersey, Southampton, Poole, is only 4 mins drive or 15minutes walk, away and Guernsey Airport is 12 minutes’ drive from the guest house. Owner Davina Sweet and her friendly team work hard to ensure a perfect stay, so why not give them a call today and take the first steps to exploring this magical isle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your St Georges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Hotel St Peter Port
- St Georges Guernsey/St Peter Port, UK