1,909 results
All reviews champagne bar elizabeth castle park view victoria restaurant tassili restaurant sea view five star hotel small balcony lovely hotel relaxation room sea front sauna and steam room first class main restaurant nothing is too much trouble main road short break
Reviewed 26 May 2017

This excellent hotel is part of the "Hand Picked" Group and is located on the Esplanade in St Helier about 10 mins walk from the central bus depot and opposite the ferry to Elizabeth Castle. Top rate sea-view room together with pleasant and polite staff made for a good mini-break. Good to see the young Kenyans (from Utali College) amongst the dining room staff. Good pool and sauna etc. Most pleasant stay. Would definitely recommend. You can get back to the airport by bus for £2 if you do not really need a taxi !

Room Tip: Sea room preferrable
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My husband ( Mr & Mrs Fraser) just treated me to a short 3 night break at this hotel and it was incredible !

The service & warmth from all the staff was amazing ...nothing was too much.
Especially brilliant was Steven ( bookings), Hugo ( Concierge), Gabriel (Service) & Celine (reception) ...from the moment we arrived, to the farewell, they treated us with such kindness.

We will return soon!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Just back from a 4 day weekend at the Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa. Lovely hotel set opposite Elizabeth Castle. A short walk will get you into St Helier town center with plenty of bars, cafes and places to eat. Staff at the hotel are very helpful and the facilities very clean. Our room was ample sized and you didn't feel cramped in. We only eat at the hotel for breakfast but the food was ample and well presented. I am going to be really picky with a couple of things though. The shower in the bathroom could have done with having a thermostatic tap as it was at times a little difficult to get a comfortable temperature. There are a limited amount of parking spaces at the front of the hotel. These are quickly taken later in the afternoon and guest not parking in bays doesn't help the situation. There is however a car park just a couple of minutes walk away that it free from 5pm Friday though to 8am Monday which helped. I'd happily go back to the Grand for another long weekend.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I booked for my girlfriend and I to visit as a treat for her birthday. Having never been to Jersey before it was a short flight (30-45 mins) from Southampton and both airports offer hassle free check-in where you only have to arrive 1hr before the flight departs.

The journey to the hotel was by taxi and cost £15 there and £20 back - I sense the return taxi driver rather took her time to earn a few extra pounds.

What can I say about the hotel? Firstly, you should definitely stay there. From the outset I must admit I didn't think it looked anything that special - certainly not a grand hotel like you may find in London. However, once you are inside you see why it gets so many good reviews.

RECEPTION
Not huge but it has the personal touch when you sit in-front of someone's desk in comfy chairs and someone takes your bags up to your room for you. Polite are staff and well spoken.

THE ROOMS
We booked a Double Sea-View room. The room was spacious - certainly larger than your normal hotel rooms - and the bathroom was clean, well equipped and equally large. I'd give the rooms a 9/10, the only reason for subtracting the last point being that it was slightly warm and when I rung up to ask if that could be changed I was informed that since it was winter (we went in Jan 17) there was no way the air con could be turned on as the whole hotel would turn cold. To be fair, I opened the window and it was absolutely fine; don't let this minor detail put you off.

COCKTAIL BAR
Right at the front of the hotel on the ground floor. A lovely bar / lounge area with comfy chairs (and plenty of them), along with music in the background and a huge drinks menu. This is a place you really should go, whether it be for alcoholic drinks or non-alcoholic (we also had coffee there in the day). Plus, you can order drinks from here to be taken up to your room. Drinks are priced sensibly - they're not cheap but equally you don't have to re-mortgage to buy a nice whisky.

SPA
Free when you're staying in the hotel and it is underground which you wouldn't necessarily know but is quite cool nonetheless I think. There is a pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. You can pay for treatments but we didn't as a) we spent 2hrs in the spa without them and so didn't feel the need and b) they are a little pricey in my opinion.

LOCATION
Right by the marina and I'd recommend having a walk around as the boats are quite interesting. The main shopping area is about a 10 min walk away and you can go either by the sea-front or on the back-roads, either work fine.

FOOD
We didn't eat at the hotel but you MUST eat at a restaurant up the road. It is called Aromas (look it up on TripAdvisor if you want to see other peoples' opinions too). Brilliant food, personal service and priced as you would expect for a local restaurant i.e. competitive. Did I also mention it is literally 3 minutes walk from the front of the hotel.

OVERALL
A lovely hotel with great staff, service and facilities. Don't be put off by an external picture of it, the inside is a hidden treasure and you won't regret booking this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surreygent32
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is modern, in an excellent location with great facilities.

The room has robes and slippers with complimentary water, tea and coffee. There is a safe, flat screen tv and air con.

The breakfast is of a great quality with lots of choice.

It hotel feels luxurious. I would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business