“Now calleds Sam's Cafe.”
Review of The Blue Ocean

The Blue Ocean
Ranked #104 of 250 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We ate here a few times while on holiday and enjoyed very much. The food is good and the service is wonderful.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Went here for Lunch. Ordered Ribeye steak, which came with RICE, CHIPS & SALAD, I thought this a bit strange so asked to have Steak, new pots and salad. Well, the steak was tough, and new pots were sautéed, all covered in Garlic, which I hate. No mention of this on menu. Sent it back and they just literally scraped it off. Still tasted Garlic, my husband ate the steak and I left the rest. Awful.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

When I visited the restaurant it was past lunch and before dinner so there was a bit of a hiatus. I did not want a big meal so opted for the soup of the day. It was home made, delicious and based on a Caldo Verde which is unsurprising as I believe the current owners are Portuguese. Accompanied by plenty of bread and a glass of wine just bliss.
The restaurant is at the entrance to re fish market and although it was almost empty during my visit I imagine it can be really buzzing in the evening with a good crowd. My rating is based on the soup.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We went several times through our stay in jersey, what a lovely place to eat. Food is fab and staff very helpful. It's very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Ate here on 3 occasions on our Holiday in Jersey and ate something different each time and each time the food, wine and serve was wonderful.