“Now calleds Sam's Cafe.”
Review of The Blue Ocean

The Blue Ocean
Ranked #113 of 255 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We ate here a few times while on holiday and enjoyed very much. The food is good and the service is wonderful.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank June-Eric

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Went here for Lunch. Ordered Ribeye steak, which came with RICE, CHIPS & SALAD, I thought this a bit strange so asked to have Steak, new pots and salad. Well, the steak was tough, and new pots were sautéed, all covered in Garlic, which I hate. No mention of this on menu. Sent it back and they just literally scraped it off. Still tasted Garlic, my husband ate the steak and I left the rest. Awful.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

When I visited the restaurant it was past lunch and before dinner so there was a bit of a hiatus. I did not want a big meal so opted for the soup of the day. It was home made, delicious and based on a Caldo Verde which is unsurprising as I believe the current owners are Portuguese. Accompanied by plenty of bread and a glass of wine just bliss.
The restaurant is at the entrance to re fish market and although it was almost empty during my visit I imagine it can be really buzzing in the evening with a good crowd. My rating is based on the soup.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We went several times through our stay in jersey, what a lovely place to eat. Food is fab and staff very helpful. It's very reasonably priced too.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Ate here on 3 occasions on our Holiday in Jersey and ate something different each time and each time the food, wine and serve was wonderful.

Date of visit: November 2016