All reviews corbiere lighthouse games room balcony room cliff top sea view old railway table football quiet area on arrival a large car park waiting staff bus service holiday hotel fantastic holiday lovely hotel bit dated amazing views
Reviewed 14 July 2016

We stayed at the Highlands Hotel for 3 nights when we came to Jersey recently to watch the Euro 2016 Touch Rugby championships
The room and entire hotel was spotless
We were given a complimentary drink on arrival and all the staff throughout our stay were so friendly and helpful.
Would def recommend
B&T

Room tip: Bed was a bit hard so perhaps request a room with softer bed if you need one
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

One of my favourite iconic places on the beautiful channel island of Jersey is the lighthouse at Corbiere. It is a stunning reminder of what sights are available on Jersey. Even better when it is possible to stay in a hotel just a few yards away. And such is the realisation of that staying at Highlands. Simply delightful! A lovely little single room, cosy and homely. The staff were pleasant and welcoming. A full breakfast in a beautiful setting to start the day. Just beyond the bar into the grounds opened before ones eyes the sea. With a welcoming bubbly drink I just sat there even not bothering to see my room and unpack. Perhaps I'm good at atmospheres and just felt the vibes of the place. And it wasn't expensive. And, guess what? Just along the road was that iconic lighthouse. Don't rush to book...keep some space for me again, soon!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2016

We stayed at the Highlands for two nights for a wedding anniversary - our first trip to Jersey. As other reviewers have said the outstanding feature of the hotel is the amazing location and mesmerising sea views. The building is right on the coastal path from St Brelade to the Corbiere lighthouse, with a little pebble beach 5 minutes walk from the garden gate. The terrace is idyllic (especially as the hotel kindly offer a glass of pink fizz on arrival to drink there), and the swimming pool is gorgeous, a lovely temperature and with the same spectacular view. The hotel reminded us of a grand 1930s hotel like Burgh Island, though I understand that the original inn wasn't actually developed into a hotel until the late 60s and the distinctive rotunda and extension with sea view balconies was built then (interestingly by someone who had been a cruise ship designer, which figures). We were in room 100, with a fabulous balcony. The room had clearly been recently decorated and was very nicely done - pale grey walls, nice pictures lots of sea blue accents. And all the staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful at all times. It IS a rather old school hotel - the dining room offers a table d'hôte menu of soup, fish and chips, steak and puds including lemon meringue pie, tinned fruit salad, black forest gateau and a cheese board consisting of brie, cheddar and stilton. The cooking was fine, it's just that it was pretty much exactly what would have been on offer in 1976. Others have mentioned the background muzak in the bar and restaurant (not overbearing, but a bit naff). Breakfast choices are kelloggs cereals, ham and sliced cheese or a full fry-up (I was really craving some muesli or some decent bread by the second morning). The other problem for me was an uncomfortably hard mattress, though since I'm the only reviewer who has mentioned this it may be just my weird sleeping position. . . These are minor criticisms and very much a question of personal preference. I'd be happy to recommend The Highlands to friends and would certainly consider staying again.

Room tip: Balcony rooms are wonderful
1  Thank Caroline W
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Just returned from a week at The Highlands Hotel, and cannot understand the last review. Music was background music and not loud at all, and we never heard it in our bedroom.
Room and bathroom roomy and spotlessly clean.
Staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for us, Vlad even drove us to airport as the pick up time was far too early.
One morning I went back for a lay down after breakfast as I felt out of sorts and receptionist said to my husband if I wanted tea and toast then do not hesitate to ask, which I thought was really nice.
Food was very good, breakfast excellent.
Surrounding area is beautiful but quite a long walk into St. Brelades so we hired a car for a couple of days and got to see more of the Island.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you want a nice relaxing holiday.

Room tip: We stayed in room 29 which had sea view from front and pool view from side window. Lovely.
1  Thank brownyrocks
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this very average hotel.
My room although overlooking the small pool and the ocean had a very different configuration with a small shower and toilet hidden away whilst the sink was over by the window and all in a very strange shade of pink? The bed though was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and nice.
The dining room was situated overlooking both the ocean and the pool. The food in the dining room was very hit or miss. The breakfasts were OK if they got the order right, however our luck with dinner was just that luck. One night my main dish was supposed to come with asparagus, when I asked where it was three stalks were brought to me after a short wait? My brother in law and sister also had to ask about different items either missing or over cooked.
Anyone who enjoys walking would be thrilled with all the walks within a short distance from the hotel .
Free parking and plenty of it .
No easy access to an elevator though made humping cases up and down a problem.

Date of stay: June 2016