All reviews bedroom house body boards both bedrooms roll top bath buckets and spades picnic basket glass table these apartments twin bedroom home from home st brelade beach on arrival good points best beach on the island lovely week car hire sea front
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We have recently returned from a weeks break at the Amani staying in property 5. What can I say.... it was just lovely. Having visited Jersey many times we knew the location well. tucked just out of the way so is nice and peaceful... yet across the road is the beautiful beach and nice restaurants etc. The accommodation was lovely. Clean and tidy. Everything you could need and more... yes the lighting took some working out. but once we had the hang of it was no problems at all. The Welcome book explained everything we needed to know about the house and more. Lots of extra details and ideas for visiting places etc. Kitchen was well equipped, as with a child we did eat in the house during the week a few times, which is why we chose to stay here over a hotel like previous. (we wouldn't hesitate to make the same choice again for here) Bedrooms were nice, with a nice balcony on the main bedroom at the front. Could have done with a curtain and not just a blind on this room.. personal preference above anything else to keep the room dark. Lovely seating area to the front of the house, sturdy chairs and umbrella etc. great for an evening. The lend room was great, for chairs and toys for the beach.. a defo plus and made it a lot easier (and cheaper). My only negative was the drain in the shower was very slow.. so you gain a bath for your feet at the same time. and the plants at the front could have done with a trim.. tripped over them a few times as they were invading the path to the front door. Neither a major thing.
I would not hesitate to recommend this accommodation.. or stay here again myself. Amazing. Loved it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen T
JanParry, Owner at Amani Self-Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, this is so helpful for me as I am always striving to make Amani better for our guests when they stay. So all plants have now been cutback around the paths, drains have been checked in all the showers, sometimes it is a build up of sand that create the foot spa. They are cleaned every week - but you cannot see the sand down the pipes.
I always try to book self catering for my own holidays, so much nicer to have a house/apartment than just a room in a hotel, especially with children.
I am looking into replacing the bedroom blinds with black out curtains - I have changed two houses already, just making sure I find the right ones to keep the decor looking good.
Best wishes

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a one week stay in House 8 at Amani. What a glorious location, right on the beach at St Brelades tucked away in a gravel courtyard. The house has everything you need for a short stay. Kitchen diner, lounge area and small loo on the ground floor with door opening to narrow, shared courtyard. Upstairs has a large double with free standing bath and very sunny balcony plus a twin room at the back with a large shower and a separate loo. Jan, the owner, is extremely friendly and met us on arrival. She mentioned they were trialling screens between balconies which we think is a good idea as this will provide more privacy for guests, especially on the upper floors. There is a Waitrose, M&S and co-op only 5 mins drive away. Gorgeous church and chapel at the end of the beach within easy walking distance. St Brelades beachfront has several cafes and restaurants including a great Pizza Hut that also offers takeaway. We hired a car and visited the lavender farm, botanic gardens, le hogue bie, zoo and St Helier. The weather was perfect and we've already booked our next visit!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

So glad you enjoyed your stay at Amani. Being in a private courtyard with your own parking is a bonus in St Brelades Bay , no need to pack up when you want to go to the beach - can even pop back for a cuppa . Our luggage store has many things for the beach now plus toys etc for the children, trying to fill it with items to make the holiday more easy and enjoyable.
Trying different types of screens at the moment on the balconies to see which looks the most in keeping with Amani. We don't want to block the sun.
Hope we see you again
Best wishes

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend the 4 bedroom house. Extremely comfortable and well kitted out. In fabulous location overlooking St Brelades. Also only 5 mins drive to St Ouens beach for surfing.
Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Amani, St Brelades Bay is so beautiful, the perfect beach for families. St Aubins Bay nearby for more restaurants and shops to visit and St Ouens - 5 miles of beautiful unspoilt beach, as you say good for surfing.
Great walks start from here and I always recommend visiting the little Fishermans Church.
Look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind regards and best wishes

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Although billed as 5 star luxury then I think 4 star is closer as some aspects have become a little tired, (flimsy blinds everywhere, confusing mixture of light switches, non working bath plug, one rusty deckchair), and the lack of a welcome basket or even milk in the fridge gets you off to a poor start. Have to go out to make a cup of tea after a long journey. Read earlier reviews about forgot to put the milk in the fridge but that can't be the case every time. It is a great location, with parking and all the appliances were in good order and clean. There were just two of us in the house and it would clearly cope with a family well, 4 adults would be claustrophobic. There was no-one to report any faults to when we left as none of the cleaners/gardener could hold a conversation in English. We left a note about the bath plug and bought some table mats as putting hot plates on the glass table or the leather table cloth seemed in appropriate. The outside space on our house was tiny, to the extent that four chairs would not fit on the downstairs deck as you had to push everything out the way to open the door. Upstairs balcony was really awkward to use as it met with next door and no screen of any sort. When my wife wanted a bath it was worse as unless you had the blinds down and closed with the doors shut next door folk could see right in. They fortunately moved discretely away when they realised. Screens, temporary or better still built in would have solved this issue upstairs and down. There were plenty of good points but so there should be for nearly £2k in season it was a shame there was no way to pass on comments rather than through Trip Advisor as feedback on this level of accommodation is sure to be around weak points. One medium frying man was hard work for fried breakfast for two - and why no non stick one? We did however enjoy our stay during a lovely week for weather, (hence need for doors and windows open), it just felt for a couple there were weaknesses and most have been mentioned in earlier reviews and remain unaddressed. Some of the features like dozens of sky channels will appeal to some but we don't go on holiday to watch TV, clearly with children it would be a bonus and generally it felt like a quality location for a family but for a couple it was struggling to meet the level.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulinsuffolk2016

My apologies for not replying to your review before now.
The week before you arrived I lost my husband, Colin. I still came to Amani to welcome guests but it was all too much for me.
I have taken on board all your comments and will do my best to improve Amani wherever possible for future guests.
Thanks
Kind regards, Jan

Reviewed 31 May 2017

This was our 2nd time staying at Amani (also visited last year) as a party of 5, and again it didn't fail to impress. Situated steps from the beach with great restaurants very close by too (as well as a Waitress, Co-op Locale, chemist only a few minutes away). This is a high recommended place to stay. As a family staying including grandparents and a 4yr old, it ticks all the boxes. Great bedrooms, and living space it is definitely a 'home from home'. I agree, it can only be improved by adding milk in fridge/welcome box.
Once again Jan, superb!!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
JanParry, Owner at Amani Self-Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Thank you for once again for choosing to stay at Amani, We are so lucky being situated in such a beautiful bay and with so many restaurants on the doorstep.
Tea, coffee and sugar always there for our guests and milk as well - but so sorry this time, my fault - I forgot to place in the fridges.
Look forward to seeing you again
Best wishes to you and your lovely family
Jan,