All reviews cheese cake young waitress hotel caters enjoyable stay management staff train station star hotel relaxing hotel pint of guinness rooms are comfortable chowder an evening meal lovely meal dinner menu would highly recommend this hotel tea and coffee function room
Reviewed 7 September 2018

This is a 3 Star Hotel located just off the grounds of the Basilica at the International Marian Shrine, in the peaceful Village of Knock, Co Mayo. Apart from this hotel all the other accommodation options in Knock are a choice of much smaller hotels or Bed and Breakfasts (B&Bs). We had a relaxing and indeed spiritually uplifting stay and the hotel has ready access to the Shrine at Knock, via a path to the back entrance. We enjoyed the beautiful grounds on our evening walks. There is a function room large enough for a wedding, during our stay, and various group meetings. The hotel caters for people with very limited mobility as there are excellent wheelchair facilities with 6 accessible rooms. The food at the restaurant was tasty and well prepared; breakfast was buffet style plus standard calorie-laden but irresistible Irish Breakfast including black pudding and sausages – yummy! There is a free shuttle service between the train station in Claremorris and the hotel, on a pre-booked basis. The surrounding grounds are most picturesque, and as Johnas74 wrote, it can be a haven of refuge in a chaotic world.

Room tip: Enjoy the calm!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you very much for your recent review of the Hotel & Knock Shrine.We were all delighted to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable,from every aspect,& that you left feeling completely reenergised.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Stayed here a few years ago .
Had a fantastic time.
Lovely safe car park outside.
Staff, Food, everything exceptional.
In the area on Saturday. From Wicklow.
Decided we would stop of for refreshments..
Was completely shocked.
Was told we are not Residents, and we are not going to be served.
Home now. Have spoke to Sharon in the hotel.
Have been told only a licence to serve Residents.
Have never heard of this before?

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank patriciakavanagh13
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thanks for your return visit & your review.I was disappointed to hear that your visit was not satisfactory.Our Liquor License allows us to serve "Residents & Diners"only at the Hotel.We have printed this on all our Lounge Menus & I regret that you may have been offended,that certainly was not our intention.It is a restriction on us & something that we keep under review at all times.I welcome our Customer feedback & hope to see you back in the Hotel again.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

My Husband and Daughter and I recently visited The Knock House Hotel for lunch while on a visit to The Knock Shrine. It was reasonably busy but we were seated fairly quickly. The menu had a good variety and choice and it was reasonably priced. my Daughter and I had the roast beef and it was delicious. My Husband had the turkey and ham and it was also delicious. The portions were good and the vegetables were nice and fresh. The only fault we had was the potatoes. There was no mash just baby boiled potatoes which none of us like. We had to order two portions of chips to make up for this. We all had desert which were very good.My Daughter and I had apple pie and cream and my Husband had fruit thrifle. wE had tea and coffee to finish off and we really enjoyed our meal. The staff were nice and friendly and helpful. If we do go back to Knock we will be going back again for food.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Called in to the hotel after a lovely day in Knock. Had dinner there. The food was ok but the portions were tiny. There was not enough on two plates to make one proper dinner. When I ask for the potatoes, the waitress said that they were under the meat on the plate!!!. No one asked us if everything was ok. We paid the bill and stopped in the local shop for a coffee and a packet of biscuits to fill us. Won't be back, definitely not worth the money. Portions tiny.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Isabell21
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Being near to the Basilica of Knock, it’s a place of refuge. Haven for the pilgrims and tourists alike. That is my first time in Knock and thanks to the environment I really did like the place. I was thrilled to be in this place, most probably because I’ve known Knock since 2002 and was fascinated by it’s history and the Apparition, that I challenge myself to visit it one day. This year I thought is the best one to be there so I made it. A three day retreat!!! That’s it. I hope I can visit the place in the near future.
I’ve seen this hotel and phoned them directly. They’re very accommodating and welcoming. Thanks to the staff. I would certainly recommend this hotel, best experience I have had in Knock.

Date of stay: July 2018
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you very much for your review following your first,& hopefully not your last!,visit to Knock & Knock House Hotel.We were all delighted to hear that your first experience of all our facilities exceeded your expectations.Your very kind comments on the Hotel are very much appreciated & we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.