Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bite to eat would highly recommend a visit couldn't do enough peter achill guinness youth
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2020

As a Mayo man who spent all his summers in Achill I was looking forward to visiting this hotel and enjoying it's hospitality, which I remember fondly from my youth. Coming from Spain, I expected a warm Irish welcome, which we got got from the charming and always helpful barman/waiter Barry, who could not have been nicer or more accommodating. He was a great source of information regarding places to see in the area but was told, in no uncertain terms, to stop interacting with the customers (for me the most pleasing thing about Irish hospitality) and to get back to 'work'. It was a shame, because he was the highlight of our experience in this hotel. The management were curt to the point of rudeness, the food was distinctly average, and we left with a bad taste in our mouths, both literally and metaphorically. Service is key to the hospitality industry in these uncertain times and I know from managing bars and restaurants over the years that you are only as good as your staff. We wont be coming back, but suggest you put time into training staff to the level of the young man who served us with curtesy and politeness, and who deserves a better working environment. I'll always come back to Achill, but it will need a big shake up for me to come to this hotel again.

1  Thank thethoughtfox
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

Visited the Achill Sound Hotel for a meal at very short notice and the staff were very accommodating and so friendly! We were a group of seven. The food was delicious, as were the pints of Guinness! Very good menu, plenty of variety. We felt very safe as regards social distancing with covid etc. Will definitely be back. The person who booked for our group was given a fridge magnet as a small token and it was really appreciated - it's the little things! Will definitely be returning, will be telling family and friends and would recommend to anyone visiting Achill Island!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank alou710
Reviewed 23 July 2020

Had lunch here today and the food was absolutely gorgeous, very reasonably priced. Staff very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I would highly recommend a visit to the Achill Sound Hotel for a bite to eat if your passing through Achill.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2020 via mobile

Stayed here several times over the years Peter and Loretta are the perfect hosts, friendly and professional, my wife and I just love this place and the service and hospitality it offers. The price is very affordable and great value for money

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2020 via mobile

We popped in for lunch along the greenway cycle - 1st week after covid re-openings.
Lovey soup and a toastie.. the owner was a lovely friendly man!
Very old school Irish hotel - took me back to my childhood..
Nearly wanted to order red lemonade and a packet of Taytos..
Would recommend for the genuine warm welcome! Lunch was good too..

Trip type: Travelled with family