Parkview Hotel(Newtown Mount Kennedy)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$110
Travelocity
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
US$136
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$101
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

2,289 results
All reviewsplunge poolstar hotelbottle of proseccogames roomtop classhot towelslovely touchlittle touchesdriving rangethirteenth barbar foodspa treatmentsleisure centrefrom start to finishmain restaurantrelaxation roombeautiful hotel
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Excellent would be an under statement. From the moment you check in you are welcomed with a friendly receptionist. This continues with the bar and restaurant staff. Nothing was a bother. Great staff. Great food. Will certainly be back. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this is one of the best.

Room Tip: All rooms had views, many over looking the golf course or parkland.
4  Thank Jonathan R
Mr-Edward-Stephenson, CEO at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your review of the hotel following your recent stay. We pride ourselves on delivering award winning hospitality and your comments are incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated.

We look forward to, hopefully, having the privilege of welcoming you back at some point in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Where do I start? We stayed at Druids Glen for three nights to celebrate my wife's birthday in March. From the moment we arrived to the second we left, nothing was too much trouble for the staff at Druids Glen.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Barry, who checked us in, arranged for our bags to be taken to our rooms and provided us with a comprehensive overview of the resort. Barry also gave us directions to local attractions and even printed maps for us.

Our room was spacious and very comfortable, with a large bathroom, an in room fridge and the wi fi was complementary. The resort leisure facilities are excellent and the pool area was always clean. I indulged in a massage and my therapist, Orla, knew how to find the stress knots in my shoulders!

We ate in the 13th bar on two occasions and both times the food and service were faultless.

On the evening of my wife's birthday we treated ourselves to a meal in the brasserie and we weren't disappointed. Our server was French (sorry I can't remember his name) and he was very attentive throughout the entire meal. I had mentioned to the front desk that it was a birthday celebration and the staff arranged for candles and had written 'Happy Birthday' in chocolate on her dessert plate.

The breakfast service is choreographed by Duncan who seamlessly whizzes around checking everything is to your liking and makes you feel special and very welcome.

The grounds are well maintained and offer some nice relaxing walking trails around the perimeter of the golf courses, helping you get away from it all!

Checkout was as seamless as checkin. I would definitely recommend Druids Glen for a getaway and look forward to going back again, soon.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Andy B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience. I was delighted to read how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay at Druids Glen.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege and the pleasure of welcoming you back again and if I can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your encouraging words.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Lovely place for a break - even with all the children! Staff were excellent - nothing too much trouble. Food lovely. A bit disappointed in superior bedroom. Was told there was a balcony - place to put one's foot out only. The promised view of the mountains was a view on to some apartments. Overall though I would return.

Room Tip: Do not expect a balcony to sit out on.
2  Thank Maryor2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the review of the hotel following your recent stay.

We pride ourselves on delivering award winning hospitality and your comments on our staff and food are incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated.

I have noted your observations and and as you correctly point out the more precise description is a Juliet balcony which we will use going forward. Our superior rooms have the best aspects either overlooking Druids Glen Golf Course or the Wicklow mountains, many are larger and feature our most luxurious amenities.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to, hopefully, having the privilege of welcoming you back at some point in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

Excellent resort, excellent staff, excellent food and an excellent stay. We booked in for one night but wanted to stay much longer. We only got to use the pool and the restaurant but our treatment and the product supplied was fantastic. The room spacious and we really didn't want to leave the next day. Book it soon

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mcdonaldpe

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to complete a review of the hotel following your recent stay.

It goes without saying that we were genuinely delighted to read all the nice things you have written.

Perhaps we will have the privilege of welcoming you back in the not too distant future and with that in mind, if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Edward Stephenson
Chief Executive

Reviewed 10 April 2015

Having booked hotel on recommendation we were looking forward to a well deserved relaxing break to mark our anniversary. First impression of hotel very good until we reached reception....children everywhere! Staff were very friendly and our room was lovely. We got turn down service on first night but not on next two nights. The next day the throw and day pillows were left on chair and night clothes on dressing table- not good from 5 star hotel. The pool time for adults was restricted to early morning or evening with a 12-3 slot in afternoon-not very good if out sightseeing. Food and service excellent in Hugo's restaurant. Breakfast buffet was very noisy and had to manoeuvre round many young children helping themselves to the buffet and carrying glasses. Maybe if we had gone at different time and not pre Easter it might have been less manic but whilst this is a lovely hotel in beautiful grounds with exceptionally nice staff, I would not recommend it for a quiet relaxing break.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Mr-Edward-Stephenson, Chief Executive at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Druids Glen Resort. I am disappointed to note that you were not entirely satisfied with your recent stay at the hotel. The school holiday periods are popular for family breaks and you are more than likely going to experience family groups and children during these times. We aim however to ensurethat all of our guests enjoy a memorable stay and I would appreciate it if you were to contact me or my colleague Duncan McAlpin, Guest Relations Manager, at duncan.mcalpin@druidsglenresort.com to discuss your stay further and resolve this to your satisfaction.

I look forward to, hopefully, changing your initial impression for the better and to welcoming you back to Druids Glen Resort.