Ways to Experience Vagabond Tours
from US$3,328.64
from US$1,754.00
from US$2,063.87
More Info
All reviews small group tour day tour off the beaten path northern ireland vagabond tour world tour blarney castle giants causeway sea kayaking irish culture traveling solo lunch and dinner wild rover tour driftwood accommodations company van
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2021

7-Day Magnetic North Adventure Tour

Three years ago, we did the 7-Day World Tour with our grown children – who said this was the "best vacation ever"! My husband and I enjoyed it so much, we booked Vagabond, this time focusing on the north and again, we were not disappointed. First, let me say that frequent communication was key to overcoming the travel challenges due to COVID. Originally booked for 2020, Vagabond allowed us to rebook, applying our deposit to our 2021 trip. Over the past 18 months, owner Rob sent regular emails with general updates regarding the current situation in Ireland so we always had accurate, and up-to-date information regarding our ability to travel. Back in the office, Emma kept us informed about our specific tour, travel requirements and forms, and COVID testing protocols, etc. She helped us to navigate where and when testing was needed and provided a listing of testing centers within walking distance of our hotels so we could travel into Northern Ireland and back home to the USA without issue. We received an immediate response to every email, answered all of our questions professionally, and was a huge help to us during the pre-trip planning phase.

Our tour started on time with Andrew as our guide. Throughout the week, he shared information about the sites, local lore, and historical facts. He told us endless stories and fables as we were travelling through Antrim, Londonderry, Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, and Rosscommon, giving us a real sense of true Ireland. His smile, his energy, and his enthusiasm for his job and Vagabond as a company, were never-ending. He treated us like royalty and made sure we were taken care of the entire tour. Andrew worked very hard to make reservations and reconfirm bookings for all our excursions and dinners. During our tour we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary. Andrew went out of his way and bought us a cake to celebrate and played music while we danced outside the ringfort of Grianan of Aileach. That will be a memory of a lifetime. Some of the other trip highlights were hiking up Croag Patrick and Slieve League, sea kayaking in Inishtown, the Black Cab tour in Belfast, and of course the Giant’s Causeway. The accommodations and the people that run them were equally outstanding. The two that really stood out to us were Londonderry Arms where Churchill stayed and the beautiful Mount Falcon Estate.

Whether you are a first timer or going back to Ireland to explore more of what the country has to offer, we highly recommend Vagabond. Sure, you can visit Ireland on your own, but why not “experience” all of Ireland through the guides who live and work there. Vagabond offers something for everyone – adventure tours for active folks and more relaxing tours for those who enjoy taking it all in. You won’t be disappointed!

Date of experience: September 2021
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2021

Wow! Thanks SO much Merle.

Your kind words have really warmed our hearts.

As a result of disruption caused by restrictions, your review is among the first that we have received and gratefully read in nearly two years.

You stuck with us through the rough ride that was 2020 and all of the uncertainty of 2021. And hopefully your patience has now been rewarded with a wonderful tour with VagaGuide Andrew.

We are always delighted to hear back from happy guests and the 5 star reviews never get old.

Hope to welcome you back for a third tour in the future. Who knows, maybe your kids can come back next time too!

Reviewed 2 September 2021

The 6 Day Epic Food Tour is a fun and unique way to see and experience Ireland! I loved learning from the locals everywhere we went and have even implemented some of the things I learned now that I'm back home! John took EXCELLENT care of our group from curating great playlists to sharing facts/movies/books to booking us in for meals since many places were pretty crowded with families on holiday. I would do this tour over again in a heartbeat!

Date of experience: August 2021

Thanks so much for the 5 star review, Laura.

We love hearing back from guests with feedback. Especially so when you have so obviously enjoyed your experience with Vagabond!

VagaGuide John is an absolute legend, as we might say here in Ireland. He has led most of our Epic Ireland Food Tours so far and he's a perfect fit.

We hope to welcome you to Ireland again in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

Well I am like most of the others in recent reviews as I have not yet gone on my trip. I want to emphasize how marvelous Ciara was when I had to cancel and I have now rebooked the 11 day driftwood tour September 7. Would love to hear from anyone else booking that tour. One of the reasons I rebooked was the low deposit as even though did get my deposit back with no trouble last year I was uncomfortable at my age and who knows what’s gonna happen with Covid putting a large deposit down again. Marvelous communication and service and I’m sure my tour will be marvelous and I can write a great review when I have been

Date of experience: December 2020
robrankinvagabond, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2021

Well, it took us a while but we have responded to you at last, Jenniger.

Delighted that you finally got to tour with Damien on our 11 Day Driftwood experience.

Thank you for these kind words. Our team were most happy to assist you during a tough time for everyone.

Reviewed 2 April 2020

Just had to cancel my dream vacation.... 12 day Driftwood tour of Ireland... because of the pandemic. Even though I haven't traveled with Vagabond, I have to let everyone know that they have been exceptional to work with. My booking and payment was easy, I have called them on two occasions and my phone calls were returned promptly the next day (Eastern Standard time). They gave me a full refund (minus deposit which is waived if I rescheduled next year). I could not ask for better service during what I know is also a difficult time for their company. I appreciate it and definitely recommend them!

Date of experience: April 2020
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2020

Hello BRONCOFAN82, thank you so much for your kind review. We're very sorry you won't make it over this year. We really appreciate your lovely words and we hope to welcome you to Ireland as soon as this is all over. Wishing you and your family all the best, stay safe! Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 13 March 2020

Our family was scheduled to travel with Vagabond during March 2020 but due to the unfortunate outbreak of the coronavirus, our tour was cancelled only a few days before we were set to fly to Dublin. The team at Vagabond went above and beyond to help us reschedule our vacation. Although we haven't yet traveled with Vagabond, their customer service and booking teams are worthy of an exceptional review in our opinion. Thank you Gillian, Ciara, Emma, and Deirdre!

Date of experience: March 2020
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Hi erindlemmerman, thank you so much for your kind words and understanding. It was with great sadness we had to cancel your tour, we will always do our very best to support our guests in this unusual time. We cannot wait to get back on the road and welcome you to Ireland for the trip of a lifetime. Thanks again for such kind understanding. The health and safety of our guests, staff and suppliers come first. Rob Rankin, Owner.