Review Highlights
You can't go wrong with Vagabond!

My husband and I booked the 11 Day Ireland Driftwood tour that covered the entire Island in a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
spocklover
Definitely recommend

Best tour of my life❤️❤️🇮🇪 I fell in love with Ireland and it is all because of the beautiful... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Mlajpop
via mobile

All reviews small group tour off the beaten path day tour northern ireland vagabond tour world tour blarney castle amazing tour beautiful country giants causeway an adventure great stories sea kayaking irish culture lunch and dinner guide sean driftwood
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2019

My husband and I just finished a 7-day Treasure Ireland tour with Pat as our guide. It was an amazing, unforgettable week.
We cannot say enough good things about Pat. He is an exceptional driver, navigating narrow winding roads with skill and ease. He is incredibly knowledgeable about history and brings historical anecdotes to life with his captivating storytelling. He is helpful, humble, patient and kind. We feel so lucky to have been part of his group.
The tour itself was fantastic.The hotels were all lovely and the breakfasts delicious and filling. The itinerary was varied and there was definitely something for everyone. We had a wonderful week and can’t wait to do another Driftwood tour. Many thanks to all!

3  Thank spencers101
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

Hello spencers101, thank you for reviewing the Driftwood 7 Day Treasure Ireland Tour, so happy to hear that Pat took such good care of you, we are very happy he is on our VagaGuide team. The 7 Day Tour really does encapsulated so much of what Ireland has to offer, great choice for a first time visitor to Ireland. Kind regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 1 July 2019

If you're visiting Ireland, don't hesitate - BOOK ANY VAGABOND TOUR. It was a wonderful time seeing such a beautiful country with the most welcoming, happy people. Our guide was incredible -- fit, knowledgeable about his country and history.
He knew all the back roads and had a surprise activity for us everyday - some of which were so special and gave us insights into the soul of Ireland. Thank you Ronan and thank you Vagabond for delivering much more than promised!

Date of experience: June 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Hi Ginny B, love it! Book it now indeed.....
So happy to hear you had a wonderful tour - thank you for your 5* review, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 1 July 2019

Pickup for the tour start was at the Grand Canal Hotel in Dublin. Several Vagabond tours started off the same morning from that hotel. I personally feel the hotel was 3 times more expensive than required. I only booked it because I had heard how bad traffic in Dublin is, and worried about getting to the hotel for the 8:10 am tour start. We saw many wonderful things during the tour (see the current Vagabond site sample itinerary if you want to know more.) My main complaint about the tour and on line sample itinerary at the time that I booked, was that the sample itinerary on line changed somewhat at least two times before the trip. Vagabond makes it clear that they will ask each guest what they want to see most on the tour and what they like the least-that is both a blessing and a curse. Given this input, the tour changes....but not necessarily to your personal liking, and you don't know what you are actually going to be seeing until you get on the van. I do a lot of research on each item on the itinerary and found that for a couple of items, my research was in vain, because the stop was no longer on the tour due to other guest comments or reactions from earlier tours. This was frustrating. I found the newly added visit to WB Yeats final resting place not of interest, while the Strokestown National Irish Famine Museum was taken off. Our guide, Sian, was very knowledgeable about most anything you asked her; animal, mineral, or vegetable. She had the respect of all the guys' on the tour for her skillful maneuvering of the Vagabond 16 person van, and tried to accommodate for special things on the tour, within reason. She handled all logistics smoothly, like the pro she is. We had a good group of people [mostly upwards of 70, but a few 50- something youngsters] from the USA and Australia, and no one was obnoxious. Seat rotation went well. We stayed at a variety of accommodations-some more local, some country big houses, etc. Older and quaint or grand, is not necessarily better when it comes to phone recharging hookup locations, which can end up being on the floor under the coffee service, or wifi reception non-existent in your room, or safe bathtub/shower facilities...but we received a good taste for relatively high class Irish hotels that I wouldn't have necessarily booked on my own. A couple of the hotels had such high sided bathtubs without safety glazing or necessary hand-grabs, that I was scared to shower. One person on our trip slipped getting out of one of these tubs at a high class place, and was sort of van-bound for a few days. Paying for a single supplement, I sometimes wished my single room accommodations had as nice a view as some of the accommodations of the couples...but that is the way of the travel world. We tended to have 3 meals a day; an included full breakfast at the hotels, a lunch stop, and dinner in the overnight town either at that hotel or nearby. I don't usually eat lunch, so to stop everyday for sometimes a full lunch and drinks was just too much for me...to see what everyone else was eating at quaint stops..and not be hungry enough to order interesting menus items for myself. There are plenty of places selling scones and the like. I found that I would take a scone to nibble on if I felt like it during the day, as we were wandering. There were frequent rest stops, usually at places that the guide knew were large enough to accommodate us without losing time. We did have to make one emergency potty and coffee stop that cost us time we didn't have, at a place unprepared for so many people. Some of the places on our itinerary still ended up being too much for me to fully enjoy, given I have severe scoliosis and can not walk far distances and need to sit every so often. Glenveagh National Park was pretty driving in to it, but unless you could walk some distance from the visitor center to the castle, you had to pay for a shuttle to take you to the castle and gardens, and back. Once there, the garden was all uphill, and the castle paths winding and steep. Most people on our trip, who were fit to only take the shuttle, spent their time at the castle cafe, waiting for time to go back to the shuttle to get to the van. Not really enjoyable for all the effort. The Carrick rope bridge was another stop that was just too many steps and too steep for me. There was always the option of staying on the van or at a visitor center, if nearby. I sat the rope bridge out, after taking distant photos of it, in the van with the guy who fell in the bathtub. Likewise, I turned back at the Murlough National Nature Reserve, as the walkway was just too long and had steep parts. People who made it, told me the beach looked the same there as the beach in Ballygally...not worth the effort. I did partake of the Derry city wall tour, as it was the only way to see Derry...I used my collapsible walking sticks...it was quite an effort, and I was tired the next day from it. All in all, the trip was pretty much what I expected to get from it, and a great trip. I wouldn't have wanted to do on my own. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 30 June 2019

I cannot fully articulate how amazing our experience with Vagabond Tours of Ireland was. From the initial inquiry for our intended Vagabond 7 Day World Tour of Ireland to the actual booking and confirmation of our tour, the service was impeccable. My questions and requests were met with prompt and professional responses by Gillian and Ciara. They were wonderful in answering all questions and updating me in any changes in our tour.

Fast forward to our actual tour experience, we (husband and I) instantly fell in love with Ireland and its magnificent views. We also fell in love with our tour guide, Jason! He was charming, funny and witty and wonderfully knowledgeable about the terrain and nature of Ireland (basically a true Irish outdoorsman!), as well as a history buff!
He was able to handle our crazy, rowdy tour group with gusto and showed us outstanding off the beaten track sites of Ireland!

We were incredibly lucky to have such a great tour group (all Americans, which added more headache for Jason I'm sure haha). We became fast friends and basically family by the end of the tour. Thanks Jason for always keeping us in check and providing all the fun and answering all the questions!

We were able to enjoy all the gorgeous scenery, historic sites, hike amazing trails, sea kayak at Dingle Bay, horseback ride on the Dingle Peninsula, bike through Killarney National Park, experience local Irish pubs and dance to live Irish music, and devour and savor all the delicious food!!! It was seriously the trip of a lifetime and perfect way to commemorate our 30th birthdays.

Thank you, Vagabond Tours, we will absolutely see you again! Sláinte!

Date of experience: May 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2019

Hello Christine F, Happy Birthday to you both! Sounds like you had a wonderful adventure in Ireland with Vagabond and your guide Jason, great to hear. Thank you for such an amazing, heart felt review, we really appreciate it. We love going off the beaten track on Vagabond and always have a few surprises up our sleeve! We look forward to seeing you again, Kindest regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Only half way through the 8 day Wild River tour and having an excellent time. Kim, our driver, guide, and host is wonderful and smart and has surprised us with some amazing adventures. There is a lot going on so be prepared. Know you will see some really cool sites

Date of experience: June 2019

Hello Ann R, thank you so much!