Review Highlights
You can't go wrong with Vagabond!

My husband and I booked the 11 Day Ireland Driftwood tour that covered the entire Island in a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
spocklover
Definitely recommend

Best tour of my life❤️❤️🇮🇪 I fell in love with Ireland and it is all because of the beautiful... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Mlajpop
via mobile

All reviews small group tour off the beaten path day tour northern ireland vagabond tour world tour blarney castle amazing tour beautiful country giants causeway an adventure great stories sea kayaking irish culture lunch and dinner guide sean driftwood
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2019

What a great tour! We saw so much of the country with great stories and great company. Our tour guide (Edel) was excellent. Told us entertaining stories along the way. Tour was very flexible and Edel made stops along the way if something interested us. Hotels and food were also great. This is the only way to travel. Believe me’ you do not want to drive and the big tour bus is so impersonal

Date of experience: June 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2019

Hello Robery H, thank you for your 5* review of our small group tour of Ireland with Driftwood, our more relaxed pace of tour. It really is the only way to go, small groups, family run hotels, off the beaten track, what more could you want! Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 14 June 2019

I just returned from my first trip to Ireland. This trip was great and exceeded my expectations. This tour in one week gave me such a new understanding and appreciation of my Irish ancestry. Our tour guide John was amazing. He was so knowledgeable about Irish history, culture and traditions. His love of his country was infectious. Kim was our guide for one day and was also wonderful. The small hotels were all very different and comfortable. The van we traveled in was perfect. There were 15 people in our tour group and we started out as strangers but left our trip with new friends!! I highly recommend this trip!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Lestel01

Hello Lestel01, thank you for your 5* review of our tour, we are so happy to have made your trip to Ireland special. Our tour guides are the best and they do such an amazing job! Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 11 June 2019

What a great way to see this wonderful country. There were fourteen in our group, plus our fabulous, quirky guide, Sean, and by the end of the week, I felt like I had fourteen new friends! Vagabond really packed a lot into seven days, but I feel like we got a great overview of what Ireland is all about! I particularly enjoyed the time spent on the Dingle peninsula, Irish music, rhododendron in bloom everywhere, fresh seafood, and the Irish people who were so friendly and welcoming.

3  Thank Judy D

Hello Judy, it is so special to go on a small group tour, meet like minded fellow travellers and make new friends! Dingle in Kerry is so beautiful, a great little spot to get to know the locals! Thank you for choosing Vagabond Tours of Ireland and we hope to see you again one day. Kind regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 11 June 2019

My husband and I have wanted to see Ireland for many years. Finally we decided on a Driftwood 11 day tour of Ireland even though friends said it would be easy to self drive Ireland. It was the best decision we ever made. Not only did we see beautiful Ireland but our tour guide Mark helped us to really get to know this amazing country. Mark not only ensured that our trip was seamless but he recited poetry, sang us songs and shared his excellent knowledge of his beloved Ireland. Every hotel exceeded our expectations - comfortable beds, excellent breakfasts, hot showers, amazing views, great locations. One of the best features was a 9.15am/9.30am start every morning. Going in May meant you also had the luxury of long evenings - meaning lots of extra time to explore or enjoy a night out and return to the hotel before it got dark. Mark would offer suggestions re: places to eat or shop or visit. We learnt very early that his advice was always spot on. We enjoyed all the excursions and Mark would often give us a quick overview of the place we were visiting, including history and practical tips. He would then drop us off and pick us up - everything ran so smoothly and effortlessly. We also had a great group of people on tour and we enjoyed the advantage of only having 11 people in our brand new Mercedes minivan. This included being able to drive down country lanes (avoid the traffic), visit Bantry House (only car/small van accessible) and generally park and go where bigger buses can not go. A very big thankyou to Mark and the team at Vagabond for making this a holiday of a lifetime. Now if I can only get my husband to stop adding whiskey to his porridge and ending all his sentences with "Happy days!"

2  Thank MaggieMayTravel
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2019

Hello MaggieMayTravel, whiskey in the porridge - what a nice habitat to come home with :-) We love being a small group tour company who can really go off the beaten track....it also allows us to be spontaneous too which is much more fun! A vacation is about relaxing and no stress so it sounds like this is what you experienced. Kind regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 10 June 2019

Wow, what a trip! Before taking the trip, we were skeptical about changing hotels each night but the way the trip was structured, it was not a problem or inconvenience at all. In fact, everything was timed perfectly. Mark Doherty was the key component to making this a trip of a lifetime for us. His love and knowledge of Ireland is amazing and his enthusiasm is infectious. I highly recommend this trip.

1  Thank RCJEM

Hell RCJEM, thank you for your review, this is so great to hear. We do try and show you a good bit of Ireland at a relaxed pace, this is great to hear that you felt this was the case. Mark is a top notch tour guide for sure! Rob Rankin, Owner.