Review Highlights
You can't go wrong with Vagabond!

My husband and I booked the 11 Day Ireland Driftwood tour that covered the entire Island in a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
spocklover
Definitely recommend

Best tour of my life❤️❤️🇮🇪 I fell in love with Ireland and it is all because of the beautiful... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Mlajpop
via mobile

All reviews small group tour off the beaten path day tour northern ireland vagabond tour world tour blarney castle amazing tour beautiful country giants causeway an adventure great stories sea kayaking irish culture lunch and dinner guide sean driftwood
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2019

I was amazed by how beautiful and interesting Ireland is. My guide, Andrew, told our group many fascinating stories and facts. He was an all-around great guy, with a wonderful sense of humor. Seeing the entire coast of Ireland in 12 days is no small feat; Andrew was able to get us where we needed to be while accommodating special requests or time extensions for a particular place. Sometimes, though, it seemed like there wasn't enough time for certain things, like longer hikes. There were a few mountains that I would have liked to climb to the top, but doing so did not fit into the schedule. Most hotels were excellent, with a few satisfactory ones, and the food was fabulous everywhere we went. We got to see many things "off the beaten path". Overall had a great time, with plenty of the famous Irish "craic".

Date of experience: May 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Hello Pathwinder123, there is never enough time is there, especially when in Ireland....thank you for your 5* review of your 12 Day Giant Irish Adventure Tour. Andrew is the best, a great VagaGuide! Kind regards, Rob Rankin, Owner

Reviewed 30 May 2019

John was our tour guide and he did a fantastic job. He kept everyone engaged and having fun...even on the van rides between sites. He gave us overviews of what we would see and add specific highlights. The small size (13) of the group let us get to know each other. People were very friendly. We had never gone on a tour before, and I would go with Vagabond/Driftwood if we went to Ireland again, or look for something similar in other countries.

2  Thank Karen D
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2019

Hello Karen D, we seem to get a lot of people who have never done a 'bus' tour before! We like to think we are quite different in that regard, small groups, off the beaten track, options and choice! John is super and we are lucky we have him on our VagaGuide team! Kind regards, Rob Rankin.

Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

As a former frequent traveler to Ireland, I was tasked with finding one tour to introduce my close friends to the beauty and charm of Ireland. None of us wanted the stress of driving.
Of all the tours advertised, this one truly stood out. Overnights in Clifden, Dingle and Kenmare were perfect. The lodgings were in town for the freedom to visit real pubs and not just the hotel bars of most other tours. Some other lodgings were luxury inns in the countryside. The opportunity to stay in Northern Ireland was perfect. The Giants Causeway is too often missed by visitors. It is every bit as awesome as the Cliffs of Moher. Tours included the Healy pass with the Ring of Beara as well as the Rings of Dingle and Kerry.
The group was sized right at 13 and was composed of both singles and couples. The vehicle was comfortable with large windows and our seating voluntarily changed daily as we had a friendly group.
We had enough free time to walk and shop. Breakfast was included. Lunch and dinner were on our own. Pubs and local bakeries were logical choices in most places.
Our guide Edwina was wonderful. She went out of her way to accommodate our group. She advised us well on shopping, dining, atm locations and nearby free clean toilets on our stops. She shared Irish history and lore in interesting ways. We gained insight into both past and present life in Ireland. She also got us to major sightseeing spots at good times to avoid crowds.
I would advise to pack lightly. It’s a jeans and comfortable shoes kind of place. At Clifden, we were able to have laundry done while touring. Expect to be responsible for getting your luggage to the van. The driver/tour guide will load it. Hotel help is available but be sure to ask.
My only regret is that this tour company operates solely in Ireland. I promise this tour takes you to places few other tourists have the opportunity to visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

Had a great time. Edwina was the best guide/driver kept us informed and safe. If you want to see Ireland this is the must do trip.

Reviewed 29 May 2019

My wife and I have not even finished our 11 day tour yet, and Mark Doherty is an absolute gem; highly recommended. He's making this experience a jooooooyous one, and we're blessed to have him. Thanks a million Mark, and thank you Driftwood for the intimate trip through a stunning countryside. God willing, we'll join you again some time.
GO RAIBH MAITH AGAT

Date of experience: May 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2019

Hello DoubleA503, wow - thank you for reviewing before you even get home! Mark is super and we are very lucky to have him on our guides team. We would be happy to see you again on tour. Kind regards, Rob Rankin