Review Highlights
You can't go wrong with Vagabond!

My husband and I booked the 11 Day Ireland Driftwood tour that covered the entire Island in a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
spocklover
Definitely recommend

Best tour of my life❤️❤️🇮🇪 I fell in love with Ireland and it is all because of the beautiful... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Mlajpop
via mobile

All reviews small group tour off the beaten path day tour northern ireland vagabond tour world tour blarney castle amazing tour beautiful country giants causeway an adventure great stories sea kayaking irish culture lunch and dinner guide sean driftwood
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2019

I cannot add anything more than the reviews of Denis K, Jen L, potatoee, or celgraham if you want to know about this trip. Of course, Mark Doherty made us love Ireland as much as he does.

It was a wonderful trip and I thank all my fellow travelers and once again Mark.

Date of experience: May 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Hello Glenda S, thank you for your 5* review, delighted to hear our tour has left with you fond memories to treasure. Regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 28 May 2019

My wife and I recently completed the 7-Day Treasure Island Tour with Vagabond and we couldn't have been happier with our decision. We rode with 12 other travelers in a comfortable van and reached locations in Ireland that were inaccessible to the larger buses. We toured many of the highlights of western and southern Ireland. Meals and rest stops were well planned. The hotels selected by Vagabond were all good to very good, with breakfast included in all. Sean, our tour guide with Vagabond, was simply terrific in all of his roles: driver, story-teller, historian, event arranger, etc. Sean even made an impressive appearance as a percussionist at a local music store event. We stayed on schedule and stopped at numerous wonderful stops every day. I can't recommend Vagabond highly enough.

3  Thank TSchalke
Reviewed 28 May 2019

My husband and I just returned yesterday and are still processing this trip of a lifetime. It was a great mix of physical activity (hike, row, cycle, etc.) and sight-seeing. There were opportunities to do things as a group as well as times to explore on your own. Photos do not do this place justice...each view is truly more beautiful than the last.
Accommodations exceeded our expectations, as did the food.
Our guide, Ronan, went above and beyond to take care of us and make sure we enjoyed the trip. For example, he planned little surprise stops along the way that we all loved. He shared lots of stories and tales that made the experience even more rich.
I will say...I struggled a bit on the Killarney National Park cycle tour. I do highly recommend it. However...if you haven't ridden a bike for a while, consider taking a few practice rides before your trip. ;)

2  Thank Joyce N
vagaboss, Manager at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Hello Joyce N, thank you for your 5* review of your Vagabond Cultural Adventure Tour with Ronan. Ronan is a great addition to our team. What is the saying 'You never forget how to ride a bike?'....well done for giving it a go. There is nothing like getting out in the fresh air and enjoying Ireland by bike, hiking and kayaking! Kind regards, Rob Rankin.

Reviewed 27 May 2019

Finished our 7-day World Tour a week ago with Denise as our guide and a bonus of having Michael as a trainee as a second guide. Boy, were we lucky! I don't know how a single guide manages on their own. Michael gave us the extra of taking tons of pictures on his camera which we otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

I can't say enough good things about this tour company. I found this tour by googling hiking tours in Ireland and this one caught my eye. It was more than I could have hoped for and the price was extremely reasonable. The lodging provided was far beyond our wildest expectations. They could have easily put us up in average but nice B&B's but our jaws dropped the first night when we saw our room. Accommodations were very good throughout (at least 2 or 3 probably being 5-star). The guides were professional without being boring or stuffy, amazing and friendly, becoming friends by the end. We had a small group of 12 and everyone was lovely. Days of exercise were just what I was looking for, with hikes, optional kayaking and seeing Fungie the dolphin, horse trekking, biking and a boat trip to see Skellig Michael seeing even more dolphins. Wish I would have done the biking but my derriere was a bit tender from the previous day's horse trekking.

If you're looking to a tour that offers you an active, on-the-ground look at Ireland, you can't possibly go wrong with this tour. I will glowingly recommend it to anyone I talk to...probably ad nauseum! Thank you, Vagabond Tours!!!!

2  Thank JerseyInferno
Reviewed 27 May 2019

Our guide, Andrew, was wonderful, witty, and full of anecdotes and history for the areas we visited as we circumnavigated Ireland and Northern Ireland. He told many wonderful and humorous stories and assisted us with one or two special requests.
The country was greener than we from Colorado could imagine. Every time we turned a new corner, there was a wonderful and beautiful site to see.
Our 12 day schedule was rigorous but with the guides help, we got where we needed to be with time to spare. Accommodations provided for our needs and were very happy to assist with some special requests. Food was outstanding in all parts of the country. Discovered some outstanding beers and apple ciders!

Date of experience: May 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2019

Hello GeeWhit, Ireland is such a hidden gem when it comes to our food...we are keeping it secret! Andrew is a great addition to our team at Vagabond, thank you for such lovely comments about him. For a small island there is so much to see and discover, going of the beaten track lets you dig a little deeper! Thank you for your 5* review of your Vagabond 12 Day Giant Irish Adventure tour. Rob Rankin, Owner.