Review Highlights
You can't go wrong with Vagabond!

My husband and I booked the 11 Day Ireland Driftwood tour that covered the entire Island in a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
spocklover
Definitely recommend

Best tour of my life❤️❤️🇮🇪 I fell in love with Ireland and it is all because of the beautiful... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Mlajpop
via mobile

All reviews small group tour off the beaten path day tour northern ireland vagabond tour world tour blarney castle amazing tour beautiful country giants causeway an adventure great stories sea kayaking irish culture lunch and dinner guide sean driftwood
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Wow. I vannot say enough about how amazing the 7 day Driftwood tour was! The route included a perfect combination of "standard" tourist sites and towns, but leaned toward off-the-beaten-path gems. There were a thousand and one breathtaking views, amazing food/pubs/holes-in-the-wall, unique hotels, music, and lots of history. Much of this is because out guide Behbinn was AH-MA-ZING! Her knowledge of the history of Ireland and the sites and areas in which we were driving was nothing short of impressivie, but her personal stories and laid back personalities really made for a great experience. She's a treasure! Book your tour now!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hello Derek E, at Vagabond Tours we really do try and blend off the beaten track hidden gems while seeing all the big hitter sights in Ireland that everyone knows. You are so right, Behbinn is AMAZING. Ireland's roads can be a bit daunting so letting Vagabond take care of things is a good plan. Thank you for your review. Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We had a private tour w/ 13 family members and had a wonderful time. Our driver was Russ and he was awesome (the bomb!!). Russ did a great job of tweaking the itinerary to match our pace and to hit a couple of items that were not on the original plan. Mostly, though, we followed the standard itinerary and it was great. The lodging ranged from very good to outstanding. The meals were delicious. And the attractions, especially as we were a much smaller vehicle than the "standard" tour bus, were fantastic. Having optional add-ons worked really well as the more active and adventurous were accommodated as well as those who wanted to move at a slower pace. The Barrett family's journey on the Russ Bus was an unforgettable experience, we would definitely do a Vagabond tour again!

1  Thank bosoxtom

Hello bosoxtom, sounds like the Russ Bus was good fun for you and your family, great to hear. We look forward to welcoming you back on another tour in the not so distant future, Kind regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

I chose this tour because I wanted to sit back and let someone else do the driving AND because I wanted a small group to travel with! We traveled in a new BMW van that was roomy and comfortable, where each seat truly did have a view! Don't worry about not having a bathroom on board like big buses! There were plenty of stops to accommodate that! Our tour guide, Mark, was attentive and funny and so knowledgeable! He made us laugh every single day and his love of Ireland was contagious! He also sang to us! Several times!! :) So many details of this trip were handled by Mark and Vagabond/Driftwood which made it so easy to relax and focus on simply having fun. Our accommodations were wonderful! We even stayed in a castle one night! There was plenty of free time to go shop and visit pubs, listen to traditional music, see traditional dance. One night we were treated to a small dance recital by school children who showed off their amazing dances. I am sure that would not have been something even on my radar had I tried to book a trip without a tour!! While I loved so many things about the trip, I must say our last night in Gougane Barra was by far my favorite. Such a beautiful and peaceful place. If you are looking for peace, it's right there!! On our last day of the tour there were hugs and tears and new friendships formed with everyone on our tour. Driftwood, thank you for far exceeding any expectations I had for this trip! Thank you, Mark, for sharing your love of Ireland with all of us. YOU made this trip the best ever!!

3  Thank abeckmaness

Hello abeckmaness, here at Vagabond, each and everyone of us truly love Ireland, this little island is very special indeed. We love showing guests around and hopefully sharing our love of Ireland with you. Gougane is for sure a very special place, there is nothing like driving up the road and the valley appearing before you! Mark is an excellent Vagaguide and we are very lucky to have him working with us. Thank you for the review - see you again one day, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I took the 8-day tour this summer with my 14-year-old son. It was awesome! We spent 3 days in Dublin before (which I highly recommend) and then were ready to hit the road. Our guide was excellent. Our group was there to have the same kind of adventurous fun as we were (and were super nice folks to get to know). Overnights were excellent. Food was great. There is not anything I would change about this trip. I can't pick a favorite thing hikes, ruins, Dingle and Skellig Michael were all tops!

1  Thank Molly M

Helllo Molly M, it is so hard to pick a favorite place in Ireland,or a favorite dish or an activity! With Vagabond you get to see so much and do so much, it is super to get off the beaten track and see the real Ireland. Thank you for your review, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We recently took the 8 day Wild Irish Tour - 13 of us - this was a custom 'family' tour. One of the best experiences ever! My husband and I have been to Ireland 5 times now and have been on 3 tours, prior to this one. This one was by far the best yet! Getting off the beaten path in smaller vehicles allowed us to see some of the most incredibly beautiful parts of Ireland (and the crazy warm, sunny weather helped emphasize the beauty) - this was a huge highlight, . Also, having a guide that truly focused on insuring that each and every one of us had a great time (thanks, Russ), made this a spectacular experience! No words could describe how much we enjoyed our time on the tour and hanging out with Russ on the 'Russ-bus'! The perfect blend of watching the scenery go by on the bus, and stopping for a hike, beach volleyball, or a swim. He flexed a lot on places we wanted to go to (Midleton Distillery, Cobh, a stop in Moycullen) - he was even open to taking us to one of our ancestors' grave-sites - such a special moment for us! Most of all, we had so much fun! Laughing, joking, singing, dancing with lots of activities such as hiking, swimming, kayaking, horse-back riding, etc. mixed in. We hope to go on more of these tours in the future - maybe to Donegal/Sligo. Superb experience! Many thanks to Vagabond and Russ - this was the trip of a lifetime!!!

Date of experience: July 2018

Hello JOhearn, thank you for your review of your Private 8 Day Wild Irish Rover Tour, it is true when you take one of our tours as private you have a lot of flexibility and can change things up, our guides are super at accommodating everyone's requests. Russ is top class and a knows how to have fun for sure! We are very pleased we were able to give you and your family a trip of a lifetime. Kind regards, Rob Rankin.