Review Highlights
You can't go wrong with Vagabond!

My husband and I booked the 11 Day Ireland Driftwood tour that covered the entire Island in a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
spocklover
Definitely recommend

Best tour of my life❤️❤️🇮🇪 I fell in love with Ireland and it is all because of the beautiful... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Mlajpop
via mobile

All reviews small group tour off the beaten path day tour northern ireland vagabond tour world tour blarney castle amazing tour beautiful country giants causeway an adventure great stories sea kayaking irish culture lunch and dinner guide sean driftwood
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I took my friend on the Vagabond 8 Day Wild Irish Rover for her 50th birthday. We opted for this particular tour because see it was an “adventure tour”. We did a fair amount of walks/hikes as well as sea kayaking (including entering sea caves and local celebrity, Fungie, sighting!), biking with a Naturalist, a horseback ride along the beach, visited and Tom part in a sheep farm (don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it!) and boat tour of the Skellig islands. We did this all while catching most of the “must-see sights” as well as seeing so many places in Rieland that No Tour would ever show you. Our rugged ride along the Beara Peninsula to the old mining town was the HIghlight! This was my sixth visit to Ireland and my second with Vagabond Tours (I last took a Driftwood tour with my mother-in-law) and our incredible guide, Jason, was still finding places and experiences that were new to me. We were lucky and had beautiful weather for all but one day, but that day gave us the true “Irish” experience. I’m not sure how Vagabond pulled off the feat, but I am now home with a tan from Ireland! Such a wonderful way to visit Ireland! We were able to squeeze in some “sneaky pints” in the afternoons since the driving was not done by us. I highly recommend the Vagabond Tour company for an easy pre-planned trip. I have not met anyone who works for the company who is not 100% genuine and delightful. Shout out to Jason and Kim from this trip and Henry and Larry from my last.

1  Thank pkseavey
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Hello pkseavey, thank you for your wonderful explanation of the Vagabond 8 Day Wild Irish Rover Tour- it really is one of our most popular ones and in your description you can really see why. Sounds like you were here when the weather was particularly good,we have been very lucky this summer. Maybe we will see you for a third visit! Rob Rankin, Owner

Reviewed 16 July 2018

This was such a wonderful trip, I can't begin to say how much my husband and I loved it!! I have not stopped gushing about it. Every part of the trip was planned to perfection! Our tour gui9de Mark was incredible, the food was outstanding and the friends we made will be forever!! Thanks you Driftwood!!

1  Thank msgirl59
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hello msgirl59, we are so very happy to hear that you had a super vacation with us. Gush away and tell all your friends! Thank you for the review. Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We chose this tour based off of the reviews and active nature; we wanted to see the country differently then the normal tourist. It being our first trip across the pond, we also wanted to get comfortable with the area, as we were to visit Scotland the next week. From my first email inquiry to our last day, the trip was well organized and smooth. We had a great time meeting our group and were able to see a ton of the sites while not necessarily feeling too rushed; we got a good variety of ages, families, and couples on the trip, which was also nice. Our guide Denise was fantastic and fun, she kept us on schedule (it's very easy to wander these lush, green lands) and shared an amazing amount of history and local facts during the trip. Everything was always clean; I personally loved my afternoon snoozes in the van, and the lodgings had great personality/ we were seriously spoiled. Would recommend to anyone; the eight-day tour was the perfect amount of time for us. Oh yes, and the breakfast food was delicious every day!!!

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank Lauren C

Hello Lauren, thank you for reviewing the Vagabond 8 Day Wild Irish Rover Tour. Your first trip to Europe? Well if we do say so ourselves you picked the best country to start with! Great to hear that our entire service was smooth from start to finish. The Irish breakfast is certainly a meal and keeps you going for hours...who doesn't like fresh eggs, bacon and sausages! We work hard to find beautiful, quirky and authentic places to stay, so good to hear you enjoyed them. Kind regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed a Driftwood tour the first week of July, 2018 with a friend. Our group was diverse, yet the joy of exploring this beautiful country brought us together through shared discovery and delight at the breathtaking countryside. It was WONDERFUL to say the least! Driftwood Tours thought of every detail and planned our adventure for maximum enjoyment, sightseeing and comfort!!! Our tour bus had air conditioning which was a relief given Ireland was experiencing a heatwave, the likes of which they haven’t had in 100 years. For Americans used to air conditioned cars, it was a relief. I understand not all buses are air conditioned, which most of the time they don’t need it, however if you are there during a heat wave, it does make a difference. Most hotels and Inns don’t have air conditioning either, hiwever most will happily provide a fan which works great for comfortable sleeping. This is by far a must if you want to tour Ireland with knowledgeable, thoughtful guides who are completely focused on ensuring you have the best experience possible. You cannot ask for a better way to see this beautiful country, filled with the nicest, most friendly people.

Our guides were wonderful, especially Sean, who entertained us with stories and even played the bodhram for us - he was awesome! I may have to come back next year with my husband for the Northern Ireland tour. Thank you Driftwood for a wonderful vacation!

2  Thank Paula S

Hello Paula, thank you for such a super review of your tour with Vagabond. Ah yes our heatwave - it has taken us all a little back and very unusual for us. Good news is that by 2019 all our Driftwood Vehicles will have air conditioning - which is good news if this good weather becomes a permanent feature of an Irish summer. How amazing is it to watch someone play the Bodhran? it is magical. We would be more than happy to welcome you back - don't forget you get a repeat guest discount too. Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We have never taken an organized tour before, and chose Vagabond Tours because we wanted to cover a lot of ground and not have the stress of learning to drive on the opposite side of the road from the US. We had a wonderful time! It was so nice to have everything planned for us - the hotels, the routes - and even to have the knowledgeable people from Ireland at the Vagabond office choosing a variety of sites and activities. We did SO much that I could never fit it in Tripadvisor's allotted number of letters! Because our group was small, activities could be shuffled based on the weather and our group's inclinations. Our tour occurred during a heat wave/drought in Ireland, and our guide rearranged the itinerary to allow a trip to the beach! If we were staying at hotel away from a town, the guide would book dinner for us at the hotel, but when we were staying in a city/town, we could choose to go where we wanted which gave us a break from the group. There were some optional activities (distillery vs. ruins)(stay in town vs. scenic drive) that made us feel that we were not being herded about. Our guide, Sian, kept us advised about the plans every day so there was no feeling of 'where are we now?' She was also an amateur DJ, choosing the appropriate soundtrack for our trip, i.e., playing "My Donegal" as we approached that town, and "Whiskey in the Jar" every day until we could sing it as well as the Dubliners. I have many wonderful memories that will linger forever - especially one evening in Ballyvaughn when my husband and I were leaving a wonderful restaurant on the pier at the outskirts of town, and we stumbled across a group of local musicians playing in a little whiskey bar, and we sat listening as their friends and neighbors, and even the barmaid, took turns singing and playing. Or the morning that Mary, who had just served us breakfast in Kenmare, stepped into the van as we were leaving and sang "The Rose of Tralee" for us while the off-duty bus driver from across the street waltzed on the sidewalk beside the van. Or the Dingle Gin ice cream at Murphy's Ice Cream!

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank lormacmom
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hello lormacmom, WOW what a super review of your Vagabond Tour. It really sounds like the country and our guide captured your heart. I hope you enjoy your memories over and over again of your experience. Although we are a guided tour company we really try to be flexible where possible and give our guests options. Our guides are so good at being able to switch things up and a trip was no doubt badly needed considering our Irish heat wave this summer. Thank you. Rob Rankin, Owner.