Ways to Experience Vagabond Tours
from US$3,504.33
from US$1,846.58
from US$2,172.81
More Info
All reviews small group day tour northern ireland small tour tour group his knowledge fellow travelers exceeded expectations wonderful tour great sense of humor historic sites highly recommend this company mark driftwood itinerary accommodations guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2016

After web searching for a small group tour of Ireland I stumbled across Driftwood Tours. Without any first hand knowledge of the company (apart from all the positive on line reviews!), I booked the 11-day tour leaving mid-October, and was the best tour decision made. It was easy, comfortable, invigorating on the walks we did with our driver and guide Aiden, watching the countryside as we drove along, jumping up and down on a peat bog, counting sheep, completely relaxing. Aiden our guide was patient with all our whims, knowledgeable about life in Ireland and its history, herded us and left us to our own devices, was able to tell great stories and encouraged everyone to be a part of the group. I think it's the national Irish personality that contributes to such great characters. If you want a truly different and unique tour, investigate Driftwood tours.

6  Thank Margo P
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Hello Marg, thank you so much for a wonderful review. We are very glad you stumbled across us. We take pride in hiring the right people to look after our guests as you tour around our beautiful country. We hope to see you again in the near future. Kind regards, Rob Rankin.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I have to say my trip to Ireland with Vagabond was the best birthday present I've ever gotten and I gave it to myself. I did the 8 day tour and it was just beautiful. The small group was what I was looking for as a single person. And the folks on the tour were some of the best folks you could have asked for. Our guide Sean Nee was a total delight, very knowledgeable about the areas we went to and always open for questions.
My booking experience was handled in the most professional manner and Gillian always answered within the next day if I had any questions.
I really like that we went to places that the "big" busses don't go and our schedules were not rushed so you actually had time to enjoy and see where you were.
The best part is I celebrated my 64th birthday in the land of my ancestors. Sean made it a very special day for me from the cupcakes to the bridge from The Quiet Man movie. It is one memory I will always treasure. Thanks again Vagabond for making an old woman's dream come true.

3  Thank reevespa
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Hello Reevespa, Happy belated birthday, it sounds like you had a very special time on your Vagabond Tour - thank you for choosing us. Here at Vagabond we like to go off the beaten track, you are right, our buses can go where the big ones just can't - we can show you a few secret places along the way. Thank you for your review, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about Driftwood tour! And, our awesome tour guide, Bébhinn. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank AKSusan907

Hello Susan, look forward to welcoming you back one day soon, try one of our other tours! Thank you for the 5* review, we appreciate it. Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

My husband and I did the 8 day Vagabond Wild Irish tour and had an amazing time! From the office staff helping out with booking through to our guide Sean - everyone involved was friendly and helpful and did their absolute best to make sure that we (and everyone else on the tour) had a fabulous trip. So many highlights I don't know where to begin - but the first night arriving at the beautiful Gougane Barra hotel was a pretty incredible start to the trip!

There were 11 of us plus our guide/driver Sean and it was a pleasure to spend the time with all of them. Nice to be able to enjoy the gorgeous sights / sounds / tastes of the south west of Ireland with such a wonderful group of people. It was especially nice to be able to get out to some lesser known places (i.e. that the big bus tours wouldn't be able to get to) and just wander around and marvel at the beauty of the countryside.

We were kept busy every day - with lots of different options provided. Not overly taxing physically, but my fitbit told me we were averaging around 15,000 steps. The places we stayed were all very different, but all were clean and staff there seemed to be well versed in handling the Vagabond groups (i.e. check in and out were a breeze).

All in all a fabulous tour that I'd highly recommend to everyone!!

4  Thank Deirdre T

Hello Deirdre, thank you for your wonderful review, we would be happy to accept a 6! Our Vagabond Tours are set at a good active pace with plenty of hikes, options to horse ride, kayak and more. Our guides love going off the beaten track and showing guests some hidden, special corners of Ireland. We are very happy to hear you had a super time with us. Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I went on the 8 day wild Irish tour with my best friend, and it was amazing!! We had a group of 11 people, and had no problem bonding. In fact, each time we were given a different choice on where to eat, we often ended up eating together!

The places we visited and stayed were truly amazing and beautiful! I especially loved seeing the sea arches and Bray Head. The scenery from up there was breathtaking!

Sean was our guide for the trip, and he did wonderful job. He told some great stories as we drove through Ireland. Sean took such great care of us. He always made sure everyone made it through each activity. Whether it be hiking or kayaking, Sean often hung back with the last person just to make sure we all made it.

I would definitely recommend this tour! You can do so much more with a small group. I would see those big bus tours pass us on the road and say "I could never do a tour like that!"

2  Thank izyc

Hello Izyc, our small groups really do allow people to get to know each other and bond. There is plenty to keep you busy on a Vagabond tour with lots of activities and of course with Ireland's stunning scenery as the backdrop it makes it very special. Thank you for your review. Rob Rankin, Owner.