Ways to Experience Vagabond Tours
from US$3,528.85
from US$1,859.50
from US$2,188.01
More Info
All reviews day tour small tour tour group his knowledge fellow travelers fantastic trip historic sites company accommodations guide ireland ciara mates
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The small group size was comfortable especially during meals. Sometimes when I travel alone hikes can be risky so it was great to have hikes built into the tour. We had plenty of alone time and Vagabond does not overcharge for single rooms. The solo fee was very reasonable. We never saw the big bus tours except at Dingle. Our guide Russ was great and all the Vagabond staff seemed friendly. The hotels were very comfortable. You are not roughing it. I wish they covered Scotland and Wales.

Date of experience: April 2014
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Glad you enjoyed all the aspects of your tour so much, our small groups size, fun and interesting itineraries, welcoming and very comfortable accommodation is ideal for someone travelling on their own. Thanks and regards team Vagabond and Driftwood

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We spent six days on an "Edge of the World" tour. First or second tour of the season in early April 2014. This trip simply exceeded expectations at every step. The premise of getting off the beaten path was executed perfectly. When we weren't literally off road, it felt like we were in the smallest of towns experiencing the most authentic perspectives of rural or semi-rural Irish life. The guides seemed to have almost as much fun as we did and were delighted to talk the day away as we hiked through the hills and bogs. Truly, we could not have been more warmly welcomed and our guides were smart, funny, and knowledgeable (Larry, Emmet, Aiden, Nick, and Tim). How lucky were we to have three trainees along with us? We spent plenty of one on one time with them which felt special. We loved staying in small towns in small inns on top of small pubs. Truly, this was one of the most well executed, special and rewarding trips of our lifetimes.

Date of experience: April 2014

Hi, Thanks for your kind words and we are delighted you enjoyed your tour so much. Vagabond and Driftwood tours really pride themselves on giving our customers the opportunity to experience off the beaten track Ireland including the hidden corners and meeting and staying in local communities. We are very proud of the tours we have created and it is always great to get customer feedback. We have a fantastic team of guides who are trained to a very hight standard and are passionate about what they do, it is a bonus if you have extra guides training on your tour. Best regards team Vagabond and Driftwood.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

6 of us from Louisville, KY took the Driftwood 7-day tour of west - southwest Ireland end of May 2013. Accompanied by a FUN family from Boston. Mark & Dee were our guides. Can't say enough good things about the tour and our guides! Everything and everyone was fantastic. The tour easily beat all our expectations. We considered several of the larger tours. However, after going on tour and observing several of the larger tours with their mega-bus and dozens of tourists we could not be happier with our tight knit group of 12 and the personal service provided by Dee and Mark.
Do yourself a favor. Give serious consideration to touring with Vagabond/Driftwood.

Date of experience: May 2013
3  Thank mc0rr
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi mcOrr,

Thank you very much for your review, thats great you enjoyed the trip and that Dee and mark looked after you so well. We hope to see you back here one day for another tour.

Thanks again,
Rob
Owner - Vagabond

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My Dad and I enjoyed the 5 day Backroads and Byways Driftwood tour - one of the more relaxed style tours operated by Vagabond. This was our first group tour and it far exceeded our expectations. We befriended 11 other lovely tourists and were very impressed with our tour guide/driver, Paddy. Paddy was unflappably good natured, an excellent driver, and an all around amazing guide. He regaled us with Irish history, music, and folk tales, all the while showing us the beautiful Irish counrtyside. Paddy was also flexible with the itinerary and actively catered it to the group's interests. We were truly grateful for this one of kind Father/Daughter trip around the 'home country.' I would highly recommend this tour group to anyone looking to experience Ireland at your leisure - you needn't worry about reservations or drive yourself around!

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank byrnee9
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I traveled on the 8 Day Wild Irish Rover tour in August 2013 for my first ever solo trip. Vagabond far exceeded my expectations and I can't say enough good things about my time with them. The tour guides (Sean and Larry) were so knowledgeable and each brought their own flare to the group. The other group members ranged in age from 14 to 60s+. The Vagabond tours are much more active with some amount of hiking almost daily. If you would like something less active, the company also offers Driftwood tours that might suit your style. Rob, the founder, was a great resource before booking the trip. He answered all my questions, some of which I didn't know I had, and put my mind at ease. As a 28 year old female traveling alone overseas, this was the perfect trip for me. I felt very comfortable with the group and it was the best way to get around the country. I loved being able to go to smaller towns and not be around all the big tour buses. The meals and the accommodations were all fantastic and very comfortable; some of the cutest places I have ever stayed and best food I have ever had! I will definitely be going back to Vagabond to do the Northern Ireland tour in the future.

Date of experience: August 2013