“A wonderful stay”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Glenview Hotel recently. I stayed in the spacious family room with my three children.It was spotlessly clean,quiet and comfortable and very generously supplied with towels in the bathroom. We enjoyed two wonderful swims in the gorgeous leisure centre, and ate in the bistro both nights. On the first night, we celebrated my aunts birthday , and the bistro staff were discreetly helpful with the cake etc. One of the outstanding features of the hotel is the friendly helpfulness of all the staff, even down to a warm smile and a friendly comment in the corridors.Last but not least, the beautiful location with stunning views especially from the restaurant upstairs. It was our second stay at the hotel and the children are begging to go back !! I would highly recommend a stay at the Glenview Hotel

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kathy f

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have just returned from an outstanding three-day break at the Glenview Hotel, just outside Bray in Ireland. Everything was perfect - the management, the staff, the room, the food, the gym, the pool, everything! It is a four-star hotel set in beautiful surroundings, but very easy to access. Very relaxing and a great night's sleep as well. We could have spent our entire time at the hotel (there are also gardens and a pleasant woodland walk in the grounds) but if you want to venture further afield there are a lot of attractions nearby like the famous Powerscourt Gardens, golf courses and there's plenty to do in Bray itself (a seaside town). The price at Glenview? Very, very reasonable - great value for money and they have plenty of offers available. It's ideal for families, couples or business. I will be back for sure, and soon. Angela T.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect and speaking to other guests they all said the same
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela T
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Attended this hotel for a friends wedding. Room was average. We had our 2 month old with us and the room was on the cramped side with cot etc.

Nice function room with average food. The views from the balcony are nice but a little spoilt by the noise of the motorway.

Was very happy when a member of staff saw us arriving with all our gear (baby) and without being prompted they assisted us to our room. Nice touch and a sign that customer service matters to them.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed at the Glenview Hotel for a girls night out and got a bundle with two Spa treatment, 3 course menue and 1 night B&B for 125€ and I wouldn't have paid more.

The hotel itself does look very nice and the rooms are more than ok for the price but unfortunately there was a big water stain in our room which was a bit anoying, as this shouldn't be in a 4* hotel and the windows outside were quiet dirty, but never mind.

Be booked our dinner for the Woodlands restaurant but unfortunately it was closed as there were not enough guests in the hotel and we had to eat in the Conservatory Bar, which was ok. The service at the restaurant was very poor (this is a very polite way of describing it). We had to wait for 30 minutes to get our drinks and our plates were just thrown on the table and the waitress wasn't seen for the rest of the evening. We really got the impression that they didn't really care about us as were the guests with the bundle price.
Despite that the food was really good and we really enjoyed it. The portions were huge and ok for the ala card price, which we didn't pay anyways :D
Breakfast was really good and the waiting staff for the breakfast were very nice, the complete opposite of the evening staff.

Well, the Glenview does big advertisement for their "Spa" but to be honest, this is no Spa at all. There are two sepertate rooms where you get your treatments and those rooms are tiny. Also you can hear everything that happens in the room next to you. Only two people can be treated at a time which is quiet annoying when you are 4 girls looking for some fun together. Despite that, the treatments were great and the Spa staff (especially Barbara) were just great.

I'm not sure if I would go there again, as there are other Hotels around which are nicer for the same price. Because if you don't go there on a bundle price, it will be pretty expensive!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Schnuk-Schnuk
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had just arrived in the country from England for the first time. I was with my 6 year old boy and it was getting late. We had no telephone and were desperate for somewhere to sleep for the night when we came across this hotel. I explained my situation to the lady at the reception desk and she was extremely happy to help us. She arranged a room for us straight away. I had many bags and boxes that needed taking to the room. She arranged a porter to do this immediately. He was also extremely friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful, clean and warm. The telephone in the room allowed me to make the necessary arrangements to secure accommodation for the next day. There was all the facilities there that we needed. The bar man went out of his way to get me the drinks that my son wanted. Breakfast was great. There was a good range of different foods and lots of choice for my son. On leaving the hotel I was given great assistance with loading all our things back in to my car. This stay helped make my very stressful situation much better. Thank you to all the staff there that helped this happen.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5.3 km away
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!