“Probably one of the best B&Bs in Ireland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gorey
Woodlands Country House
Ranked #7 of 12 Gorey B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Probably one of the best B&Bs in Ireland”
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Beautiful, relaxing, homely - extremely comfortable accommodation. Superb breakfast, and the hospitality was first class.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LizB52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We first stayed at Woodlands about 15 years ago and liked it so much we always hoped to return. We're pleased to say it's now even better. Philomena's welcome was as warm as we remembered and she regaled us with tales of Wexford as we enjoyed her fresh scones and tea. The room was lovely with a very comforable bed and fresh whte linen. The breakfast next morning wasexcellent with a very wide choice of fresh fruits, yoghurts etc and a cooked breakfast. The setting is peaceful and relaxing and we were sorry to leave but I'm sure we'll be back - we won't leave it another 15 years!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mrschips50
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I selected Woodlands Country House because I was looking for a small, quiet town and a B & B which was off the beaten track with walking paths nearby. I was enchanted with Woodlands Country House! It was everything I had hoped it would be. I cannot think of one thing I would change about this B & B! It is a beautiful home located on a quiet street. Philomena plays Irish music throughout the house and burns candles so it always feels warm and welcoming. The rooms are spotless. I honestly think these are the most comfortable beds in all of Ireland! I never wanted to get out of bed in the morning. But then I would remember the breakfast which was waiting downstairs. The breakfast is a huge feast! There are so many choices, you could eat for hours if you wanted to. You are presented with a menu to select an entree, which is pretty amazing considering there are long tables filled with at least 15 different fresh fruits, cereals, baked goods, cheeses, juices, etc., just waiting for you to pick them up! Tea/coffee/toast and scones with jam are brought to you as soon as you sit down. But then you also get to select a fabulous sounding entree! I ordered the omelette with veggies and cheese every single morning it was so good! Once you are finished with consuming everything in sight, you can take advantage of the wooded path 100 yards from the house. This was my favorite place to go everyday and sometimes I walked the woodland path two and three times a day. It is quiet with streams, beautiful trees and is completely peaceful. You can also walk into the small town about 15 minutes away where there is a church, pub, school and a small convenience store. It is probably better if you have a rental car while staying here, but I used a taxi to get to Woodlands Country House and that worked just fine. Philomena and her husband even drove me into town one night so I could attend the local theatre production. This is also a wonderful place for children to stay. The grounds of Woodlands Country House has a tennis court, basketball hoop, a pond, a full stream, woods and another walking path. There are green hills in the side and backyards which young children would love to run on. It is a perfectly safe environment for children. I wish I could return to Ireland every year and stay at the Woodlands Country House! I stayed 3 nights this time, but next time would much prefer to stay an entire week as it was the most peaceful and relaxing experience of my entire trip to Ireland!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank cocoanutty
Illinois, USA
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Very friendly hosts, outstanding service, fantastic breakfasts, beautiful grounds, large rooms, nice bathrooms...

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hostas
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We (four ladies - two 20's and two older) arrived late - I couldn't get my phone card to work so couldn't let them know. But Philomena was very gracious and made us dinner reservations at Ludz (in Gorey) as we hadn't eaten. Jasmine served us tea and scones, delicious. The rooms were unbelievable, large and clean, modern bathrooms. Beds were comfortable, everyone said it was their favorite place in all of Ireland. Grounds are gorgeous and they have tennis courts and basketball. The breakfast was huge and delicious - I've never seen so much wonderful fresh fruit and my omelete was delicious. Everything very well prepared, and fantastic. 5-star all the way. I would LOVE to go back!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family