All reviews duck conservatory restaurant print room four poster bed beautiful house drawing room state rooms wedding venue marble bathroom jam and cream afternoon tea pre dinner drinks scones wonderful wedding both dinner and breakfast roaring fire the main house
Reviewed 26 October 2017

There are no lifts to the rooms (where we again by chance occupied Room 8 overlooking one of the gardens) and parking close to the entry is limited; Reception is hidden away off the main entry; but the culture of the House, dining, room comfort, drawing room, development of 'The Duck' restaurant make this a very special 'getaway' and wedding venue.

Room Tip: Discuss room options with the staff when booking
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed overnight and had a dinner.

Our bedroom was decorated very nicely with plenty of character in line with the rest of the hotel.

Food at both dinner and breakfast was very good -with service from friendly staff - however service at times was poor.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend Marlfied House. Am already looking forward to visiting again. Food was fabulous at The Duck restaurant. Staff were very friendly. The perfect place to get away. Absolute perfection. Nothing I could fault.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Marlfield to have breakfast with friends who had attended a wedding there the day before. We had a very enjoyable simple breakfast with our friends - I had scrambled eggs with salmon (which was delicious) and I had a small
pot of coffee while my wife had a small pot of tea. There were no prices on the menu so I was braced for an expensive breakfast.
The problem was with the bill - €25 for eggs and coffee (expensive but Marlfield is not cheap) and €15 for a pot of tea! When I queried this the manager came out and explained that this was the way the system worked and she refused to budge on the bill. I paid it and vowed to never return to this over-priced, stuffy establishment. I have dined in 4 and 5 star restaurants and hotels,around the world but this was the worst value. Avoid like the plague!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Occasionaldiner5
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Paid a visit to the restaurant in Marlfield yesterday.

Early bird menu good value at €39 for a 3 course meal.

Sumptuous surroundings and most helpful staff. Food was delicious and presented in a very high standard.
Bring your piggy bank to buy the wine!

We will definitely be back.
Thank you Marlfield!