Richmond House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
TheToby Jug(Cappoquin)
The Old Convent(Clogheen)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful country houselamb shankfabulous foodour table was readyb bopen fireperiod stylemelt in the mouthold houselocal apple juiceold worldbeautiful roomold styleliving roomrooms are comfortablerelaxing weekendthree nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Omg !!!!! It's my second time there in 6 months & we love it.....officially my favourite restaurant of all time.

Fabulous food
Great service
Great location

Very old world with modern taste & class.

You have to eat there at least once.

Very Downton Abbey

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I have stayed at the Richmond House on four occasions over the past ten years. Indeed, I will return there in two weeks for a visit to Ireland. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is excellent. The are friendly and make you feel like family. The restaurant is small but the quality of the food and the presentation is excellent. I have recommended the Richmond House to friends making plans to visit Ireland. I have never heard a negative comment from any of them.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

It's a few years since we visited Richmond House so we decided it try it out agaIn over the holiday weekend. We were not disappointed as the service, food, friendly atmosphere and relaxed feeling are all still there. The staff, who are all local, go out of their way to make it a most enjoyable stay. The menu did prove the be a bit of a problem for us as everything on it was appealing and took some time to consider......but end result was a most enjoyable evening complimented by some excellent wine. After dinner we retired to the comfort of the living room with its big open fire and comfortable seating for an after dinner relaxing drink. Breakfast was also most enjoyable with a good choice of options and locally sourced food. The bedrooms are spacious, spotless and comfortable and certainly gave us the best nights sleep in years !! This was probably our fifth visit over the years and we will certainly be here again before too long.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I stayed here two weeks ago with my boyfriend. The service was friendly and welcoming and the food was first class (and reasonable). Also, I left a personal item behind me and phoned the owners a few days later. They posted back the item in a timely manner and did not hesitate when I asked them to do so. I would recommend Richmond house to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Visit here last week with my wife. It is nice old mansion. Though the reception area has a great open fire it's very quiet and can remind you of a doctors waiting room. However the food is excellent and the owner (and manageress) Clare is very friendly (as are all the staff). It is not cheap at €55 per person, but is worth a visit. Very Upmarket Irish ,!!!!! I would visit this place again and maybe next time stop the night in one of the rooms,!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple