“Service went above and beyond”
Review of Richmond House

Richmond House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cappoquin
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I stayed here two weeks ago with my boyfriend. The service was friendly and welcoming and the food was first class (and reasonable). Also, I left a personal item behind me and phoned the owners a few days later. They posted back the item in a timely manner and did not hesitate when I asked them to do so. I would recommend Richmond house to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Richmond House

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Visit here last week with my wife. It is nice old mansion. Though the reception area has a great open fire it's very quiet and can remind you of a doctors waiting room. However the food is excellent and the owner (and manageress) Clare is very friendly (as are all the staff). It is not cheap at €55 per person, but is worth a visit. Very Upmarket Irish ,!!!!! I would visit this place again and maybe next time stop the night in one of the rooms,!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016

This is a well-kept 300 year old manor away from the congestion of the city. The grounds are beautiful. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The lounge has a great place to sit and visit with friends. It had a fireplace that is kept burning by one of the staff members. She also brought us coffee and tea to help us relax. Breakfast was included but dinner was also an option. Dinner was delicious. Although the manor is well-kept the atmosphere was definitely that of 300 year old manor.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were spending a few days near Cappoquin and looked for a restaurant in the area for a nice night out. We booked the Richmond House before we left home. We expected a good dinner in a nice restaurant for 50 euro each. We were seriously disappointed. The room where we waited for our table was cosy with an open fire but a bit shabby and in need of redecoration. The dining room of the old house was lovely. Unfortunately both food and service were very poor. Paper napkins stuck into wine glasses gave a poor first impression. Starters of crab with salmon were plonked on a plate and accompanying bread was leaden and tasteless. Presentation of duck and salmon mains was really poor and mash and vegetables tasteless and unappealing. Shockingly overpriced. We felt robbed. Unsurprisingly we were one of two parties in the restaurant that night. No effort or interest evident at any level. We didnt even bother complaining.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Just arrived in Richmond House and as I'm writing this review one of the staff is humming as she hoovers and just adds to the quaintness of the place with its beautiful gardens .
Yes the rooms are a bit tired looking but I'm forming the opinion this is not about state of the art facilities but a haven of hospitality and friendliness that is rarely experienced but so often promised .
This place is a gem and a haven from the hustle and bustle of city life.
As you can see from the photos the tea and scone is just perfect .
More updates to follow.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Frank R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cappoquin
4.1 km away
The Pilgrims Rest Hotel (ADULTS ONLY)
16.6 km away
22.2 km away
Walter Raleigh Hotel
Walter Raleigh Hotel
#1 of 7 in Youghal

Been to Richmond House? Share your experiences!