“5 Star!”
Review of Richmond House

Richmond House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cappoquin
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Had a meal here last night with friends.... We were not disappointed it was fabulous! it's a beautiful country house, peaceful and relaxing. Great Staff and service.

The Food is amazing my compliments to the Chef..... Presentation - taste - imagination wonderful..

We have been here before and will always come back....

The wine is a little pricey - that is my only gripe.....

Room Tip: we did not stay here so I cannot comment on the rooms.. we live locally.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Richmond House

Reviewed 13 September 2014

We were welcomed at Richmond House with an invitation to enjoy tea in the parlour. How nice after a day of travel! Following this we enjoyed a walk around the spacious grounds and explored the garden that provides some of the fresh produce that would appear at dinner. Dinner was the highlight. Every dish was special in some way and made for a very memorable dinner. The restaurant was quite busy but every guest was warmly greeted and welcomed.

A comfortable room and a very hearty breakfast the following morning set us up for the following day. Claire took time between the batches of pancakes to give us an enthusiastic rundown of the local area and things we needed to do.

A short but memorable visit. We would love to go back again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

If you are looking for a retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life, in a serene and peaceful location, this is the place to stay. From the outset, the warm welcome by Claire, the lady of the house, ensured a feeling of being a cherished guest. Our large and pretty room overlooked the expansive gardens, and sitting there early evening with a gin and tonic in the sunshine was the perfect prelude to an outstanding dinner in the inviting dining room. The food was really excellent, to the extent my husband has already requested we begin the Christmas holidays here so he can work his way through the menu. I heartily endorse trying the lamb shank, it is outstanding.
I truly look forward to my winter return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marian F
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was really looking forward to eating here. It was my treat night while we were on holidays. We booked a table 24 hrs in advance for 2 adults and 2 kids. We were met by a disinterested waitress, who was bordering on rude. I later overheard her complaining to another waitress about her job. (Only adding to my feeling that we were a burden) The only food offered to the kids was sausages and chips or chicken nuggets and chips. I didn't expect this from a boutique hotel/restaurant. I asked for pasta with olive oil and cheese instead of the chips.Out came two bowls of dry cooked pasta, one with 2 fatty sausages, the other with frozen chicken nuggets. We were charged E20 for this! ((No drink or dessert) Our meal was very good but I wouldn't bother going again, especially if you have children.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank BrayFoodie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is our second visit to Richmond house. We Just love the hospitality we receive from the family and the staff. It is a very warm and welcoming hotel and the food is out of this world !!! . It's wonderful to be able to sit in the drawing room after a meal by a lovely log fire. The bedrooms are very spacious and homely.

We will certainly return .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cappoquin
4.1 km away
The Pilgrims Rest Hotel (ADULTS ONLY)
16.6 km away
17.0 km away
Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
#3 of 3 in Dungarvan

Been to Richmond House? Share your experiences!