“Excellent restaurant.”

Eithna's by the Sea
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Eithna's By the Sea award-winning Seafood Restaurant, along The Wild Atlantic Way, overlooks the harbour in Mullaghmore, County Sligo. It is a friendly, family-run restaurant that caters for casual dining with homemade recipes using locally sourced food and sustainable produce. Established for over 16 years, Eithna's By The Sea Seafood Restaurant in Mullaghmore won the Georgina Campbell Ireland Guide and BIM 2014 award for its fresh seafood, shellfish and lobster dishes as well as Eithna's use of seaweed in both savoury and sweet dishes. Even though Eithna's speciality is seafood, she has plenty of other options for non fish eaters from meat to vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We were staying in Mullaghmore for a weekend break for the first time and we visited this restaurant on the Saturday evening. Overlooking the harbour the theme certainly was the sea and fish but they do have an extensive menu with a great variety to choose from. Cosy and intimate seafood restaurant would be the best way to describe this place. We were shown to a table on arrival and given menus, then a waiter brought out some home baked bread with a dip for us to enjoy while waiting. Not great seafood lovers we ordered a 12oz Steak for myself and my wife had chicken pasta. As it was dreadful weather outside the waiter arrived with a small cup of butternut squash soup each to keep us busy until our mains arrived, these were excellent wee added touches to our dining experience. Our main courses were excellent, cooked to perfection, with all the added trimings you could ask for. We were worried that we would not have room for desserts as we had spotted items on the menu that we fancied. However, we struggled on, took our time to let everything settle and so to desserts. My wife had jam sponge with custard and cream, I had apple tart with cinnamon and custard and they were to die for, lovely tastes and well presented. I might add here that 'custard' was not a menu option as they were served with cream however we asked for custard and we got it, no trouble at all to them.
The service from all the staff was friendly and efficient.
We definitely will be back here when we are next in the area and would recommend Eithna's by the Sea to anyone.

1  Thank Smileandbehappy

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

The best in the North West
Try Eithne's Sole !!!!!!
5 Star food in 5 Star location wish we could eat every week at your restaurant . Have to complement Eithne & all of her staff on a very enjoyable evening .
Best of luck Eithne for the coming season
From Charles & Ann

1  Thank ann h
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Marvellous seafood in a cozy atmosphere. Not cheap but worth every penny. We took my wife's parents and her sister and her husband for a very special dinner. Once the mother-in-law stopped sucking her teeth t the price of a main course even she enjoyed herself! Particularly recommend the shellfish platter which was exceptional.

1  Thank kinwafu
Reviewed 25 December 2016

We passed the restaurant earlier and it did not look inviting at all. Few days later we came back after we read some reviews and I am glad we did. When we stepped in the place looked really nice and harmonic, loved it.
And food itself was beautiful, we both had fish for main course and I think mine was one of the best fish I ever had, simply amazing.
If you're not staying nearby it is still worth the drive, just check the opening hours first, specially out of summer season.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Having walked the Pier and built up quite the appetite exploring the Sligo and Leitrim countryside, myself and my 6 & 7 year old travelling companions were hungry. It was early evening and very quiet so I was surprised when they squashed us round a small table. The menu is predominantly fish which you expect so definitely not suitable if this isn’t your thing. The pictures on the walls are of local fishermen hauling in their catch and the restaurant is really nicely laid out with views out over the harbour with the backdrop of Ben Bulben. I opted for the crab claws and they were absolutely delicious. The kids opted for fish and chips. The fish wasn’t deep but pan fried so I was slightly apprehensive as to how it might go down but the clean plates showed there was nothing to worry about. Eithna's is lovely but you need to like seafood and you need to be willing to pay.