“Looking for seafood, this is the place to go”

Eithna's by the Sea
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Eithna's By the Sea award-winning Seafood Restaurant, along The Wild Atlantic Way, overlooks the harbour in Mullaghmore, County Sligo. It is a friendly, family-run restaurant that caters for casual dining with homemade recipes using locally sourced food and sustainable produce. Established for over 16 years, Eithna's By The Sea Seafood Restaurant in Mullaghmore won the Georgina Campbell Ireland Guide and BIM 2014 award for its fresh seafood, shellfish and lobster dishes as well as Eithna's use of seaweed in both savoury and sweet dishes. Even though Eithna's speciality is seafood, she has plenty of other options for non fish eaters from meat to vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 25 December 2016

We passed the restaurant earlier and it did not look inviting at all. Few days later we came back after we read some reviews and I am glad we did. When we stepped in the place looked really nice and harmonic, loved it.
And food itself was beautiful, we both had fish for main course and I think mine was one of the best fish I ever had, simply amazing.
If you're not staying nearby it is still worth the drive, just check the opening hours first, specially out of summer season.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Having walked the Pier and built up quite the appetite exploring the Sligo and Leitrim countryside, myself and my 6 & 7 year old travelling companions were hungry. It was early evening and very quiet so I was surprised when they squashed us round a small table. The menu is predominantly fish which you expect so definitely not suitable if this isn’t your thing. The pictures on the walls are of local fishermen hauling in their catch and the restaurant is really nicely laid out with views out over the harbour with the backdrop of Ben Bulben. I opted for the crab claws and they were absolutely delicious. The kids opted for fish and chips. The fish wasn’t deep but pan fried so I was slightly apprehensive as to how it might go down but the clean plates showed there was nothing to worry about. Eithna's is lovely but you need to like seafood and you need to be willing to pay.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

This is my second visit and I was no disappointed. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The food is wonderful, with seaweed scones to nibble on before your started arrives. I could not fault the meal or the wine.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

What a fabulous restaurant with amazing ambience and food which is to die for! What ever you order off the menu you will not be disappointed! I have eaten here three times and the food has been lovely. The fish is so fresh and you get generous portion sizes. The best lobster yet! Staff are very friendly and efficient too. A must!

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We were told by various family members that the food in Eithna's was amazing and they weren't wrong, it was out of this world & I don't think that I have ever had a better seafood platter, you could taste the freshness of all the seafood and we got loads on our platter, we were really sorry that we had the seafood chowder for a starter, because we couldn't do the seafood platter justice.
This restaurant was worth the trip from Donegal and we should have come years ago.