“Lovely food, great service”

Langs Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Grange
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A visit to the Northwest is not complete without stopping off at Award-Winning Langs Gastro Pub in Grange, County Sligo. This family run establishment began serving food 8 years ago. Since then, the combination of quality home cooked food & our friendly & welcoming atmosphere in relaxed surroundings continues to attract tourist & locals alike. Because of its popularity, the area was extended recently with extensive dining area, though newly built, blending seamlessly with the old. Langs Bar & Restaurant is in one of the most picturesque locations in Ireland with the majestic Benbulben mountain on one side & the rugged beauty of the Atlantic coast at Streedagh Beach on the other. It's only 15 miles from Sligo - the shopping capital of the Northwest & is also only 10 miles from the fun of Bundoran. It serves as a gateway to Donegal & Northern Ireland.
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely family friendly restaurant. 4 adults and 4 children all enjoyed their dinner. Staff were happy to accommodate any child request. Well done, we will be back

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We were encouraged to go to Lang's while we were in the area. We were very pleased that we went. The salmon was excellent. The staff ws very attentive. Friday is steak night. Either go early or make a reservation.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This family run restaurant/ Historical bar is a gem.with atmosphere and food to die for , great menu very well priced and has a great fri steak night mmmm I can taste it , I have ate hear for years and I think it’s getting better,lovely staff and well ran , they have a traditional front bar frozen in time, so have a treat first before you treat yourself.a we gem

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We booked a b&b nearby so we were looking for a nice place to have dinner... luckily we booked in advance as I guess our table was the last one available at that time even if the place is pretty big! I loved the bangers and mash potato! Smiling and caring waitresses!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

This is my second time reviewing this restaurant and I must say I have had a very different experience. Having eaten here 3 times previously and also left a review I feel I must update this. My wife and I stopped off here for a birthday meal which a disaster. At the onset my wife was told her chicken dish would take 25 minutes to prepare however we had to wait a full 50 minutes before being served. The chicken was overcooked and completely dried up. My own meal was sirloin steak most of which remained on the plate as it was mainly gristle and fat and my mouth was sore chewing it. In addition to this the pepper sauce was tasteless and as I reported as the only negative in a previous review the chips were frozen chips that tasted like cardboard. At this level and price one would expect fresh chips at least!!! We did not stay for desert as the main meal was so bad and I will certainly not return to this establishment or recommend it to friends as I have done in the past. What a disappointment in a restaurant that I thought was of better quality. I must add the staff were very pleasant.

1  Thank tommyk700