“great dinner!”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A visit to the Northwest is not complete without stopping off at Award-Winning Langs Gastro Pub in Grange, County Sligo. This family run establishment began serving food 8 years ago. Since then, the combination of quality home cooked food & our friendly & welcoming atmosphere in relaxed surroundings continues to attract tourist & locals alike. Because of its popularity, the area was extended recently with extensive dining area, though newly built, blending seamlessly with the old. Langs Bar & Restaurant is in one of the most picturesque locations in Ireland with the majestic Benbulben mountain on one side & the rugged beauty of the Atlantic coast at Streedagh Beach on the other. It's only 15 miles from Sligo - the shopping capital of the Northwest & is also only 10 miles from the fun of Bundoran. It serves as a gateway to Donegal & Northern Ireland.
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We booked a b&b nearby so we were looking for a nice place to have dinner... luckily we booked in advance as I guess our table was the last one available at that time even if the place is pretty big! I loved the bangers and mash potato! Smiling and caring waitresses!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

This is my second time reviewing this restaurant and I must say I have had a very different experience. Having eaten here 3 times previously and also left a review I feel I must update this. My wife and I stopped off here for a birthday meal which a disaster. At the onset my wife was told her chicken dish would take 25 minutes to prepare however we had to wait a full 50 minutes before being served. The chicken was overcooked and completely dried up. My own meal was sirloin steak most of which remained on the plate as it was mainly gristle and fat and my mouth was sore chewing it. In addition to this the pepper sauce was tasteless and as I reported as the only negative in a previous review the chips were frozen chips that tasted like cardboard. At this level and price one would expect fresh chips at least!!! We did not stay for desert as the main meal was so bad and I will certainly not return to this establishment or recommend it to friends as I have done in the past. What a disappointment in a restaurant that I thought was of better quality. I must add the staff were very pleasant.

1  Thank tommyk700
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

If you want a good feed, go to Langs.
Great for lunch & even better for Dinner.
Good 'Irish' welcome & atmosphere- food is fabulous and you never leave hungry.
Only 10 minutes out of Sligo, but only 10 minutes from Mullaghmore & 20 from Bundoran.
Lively little bar attached to the restaurant popular with the locals.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Went to have lunch at Langs yesterday as dropping some family to a festival in the town, firstly went to park in the pub/restaurants car park and was beckoned to move my car rudely by a man sitting on the wall ,I asked what the problem was if I was going to be using restaurant, I noticed mine was the only car he did this too obviously knowing locals I can only presume, we then went to enter the pub/restaurant at 12pm the doors were just opening and almost closed out again on us and we were told the kitchen was not ready, it's a bit poor on a day that a festival is being held and the village busy, the staff attitudes were not great with a young waitress smirking and laughing when we mentioned such, I have entered this premises twice now and both times walked out without eating there due to staff, ended up going to Davis the yeats tavern where you can't go wrong and food served from 12pm

2  Thank rott21
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We had a lovely meal here while in Cliffoney for a wedding. The menu was very good and reasonably priced. I had the bangers and mash and would recommend it. Other meals at the table were fish and chips and a steak sandwich. All were lovely