“perfect every time”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A visit to the Northwest is not complete without stopping off at Award-Winning Langs Gastro Pub in Grange, County Sligo. This family run establishment began serving food 8 years ago. Since then, the combination of quality home cooked food & our friendly & welcoming atmosphere in relaxed surroundings continues to attract tourist & locals alike. Because of its popularity, the area was extended recently with extensive dining area, though newly built, blending seamlessly with the old. Langs Bar & Restaurant is in one of the most picturesque locations in Ireland with the majestic Benbulben mountain on one side & the rugged beauty of the Atlantic coast at Streedagh Beach on the other. It's only 15 miles from Sligo - the shopping capital of the Northwest & is also only 10 miles from the fun of Bundoran. It serves as a gateway to Donegal & Northern Ireland.
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Never a bad experience. Would be nice to see chips that were homemade but im just being picky. The food here is excellent

There are newer reviews for Langs Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 12 December 2016

My wife and I went here on a recommendation from our B&B host. Beautiful interior. I ordered their bangers and mash, and my wife had their baked chicken toscana. The sausages were delicious, but that chicken my wife ordered was incredible. If you're in the area, definitely check them out.

4  Thank spidersnyd
Reviewed 9 November 2016

You definitely will not find a better steak and free drink than what's on offer here every Friday night at such a great price. We only started to visit this restaurant recently and every time it only gets better. However, you do need to book early, probably days in advance, because the secret is out about this place. The restaurant is decorated in a rustic olde style setting, has a very welcoming feel about it and as for the staff, they are "to die for". This place is highly recommended and well worth a visit.

3  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor here for the evening menu. Today we went for Sunday lunch which was delicious. We both had the soup to start and baked salmon / beef mains which for two courses for two people was under €38. Great food, and great value with generous portions & the foods is delicious. Great location for Sunday lunch!

2  Thank sheiladev
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by our vacation rental owners. SO glad we decided to take their suggestion.
You may need a reservation as I'm told it gets busy. We had one, but wasn't needed when we got there.

The vegetable soup appetizer was really good. I was expecting a Minestrone type of soup, but it was more of a bisque creamy type. DELICIOUS!
My husband had the mushroom appetizer and they were equally as good. The breeding was heavy like in the US, but lightly covering adding flavor to the caps instead of overpowering them.

Main courses:
I had the chicken Tosca - one of the house specialities and it was perfect. Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and a light sun dried tomato spread. I devoured it. I also got the side dish of garlic/cheese potatoes - which were more like a scalloped potato. Again, I wasn't disappointed with my choices. If it wasn't rude for me to face plant and lick the plate, I would have.
My husband got the bangers and mash, and his eyes rolled back with delight. The sausages weren't over cooked and were tasty, and the potatoes had bacon wrapped over them, in case you didn't get enough sausage.

The dessert menu looked great, but there was no room for it.
We decided to make reservations for Langs at the end of our time in Sligo so that we can each try one of the other savory looking/sounding meals.

If you are nearby Sligo/Grange area, GO HERE TO EAT!!

4  Thank ManofPan