Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Galloglass_Half_full

Great hotel but bring ear plugs if you can't avoid Irish wedding party nights

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jan 2024
We stayed here for a few nights and with the exception of one offensively grumpy barman, all of the staff were very friendly, hospitable, happy and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts and evening dinners in the hotel's relaxing restaurant. Having an after-dinner nightcap in the bar while being entertained by local musicians was very nice too. And watching happy, tipsy residents comically dancing to the music was a happy experience. Unfortunately, we were denied entry to the bar one mid-week evening as it was closed until 11pm, at which time it opened for an all-night wedding party. Our sleep was disturbed that night due to loud drunks and noisy children wandering through the hotel corridors until about 6am. So I can only give the hotel a generous 4-star rating.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 12 Jan 2024
Dear Galloglass_Half_full,

I am very glad to see that you given us 4 stars, and I sincerely hope that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much in particular for your kind words about our hard working team!

I would love to gain more insight into your experience in our bar. If you would like to contact me directly so that I can learn more and properly investigate this most unusual experience I would be delighted to hear from you.

matthew.connolly@radissonblu.com
    €180
5.3 km from Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
View more hotels in Ballincar
2,763 results
All reviews rosses point a business class room lovely hotel bar food leisure centre steam room relaxing break thermal suite top class ben bulben enjoyable stay from start to finish great selection following morning both nights saturday night lovely room
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2024

Myself, my husband and our three children stayed here in December for one night and the service we received was amazing from start to finish. I rang a few hours before checking in and spoke to Matthew, one of the managers, to see if we could book dinner. He asked if there was a special occasion that we were celebrating and I told him that it was my birthday. He then kindly offered a complimentary drink for both my husband and I with our dinner. We were kept busy during dinner trying to keep our active toddler entertained and we were taking turns watching her in the reception area during the first part of our meal. One of the lovely cleaning ladies saw us and offered a buggy which is kept at reception and she wasn't long falling asleep in the buggy, letting us enjoy the rest of our dinner in peace!
Our booking was 2 rooms to cater to all five of us and I assumed that we would be separated for the night as that has been our experience the last few times we have stayed in hotels as a family of five. I was delighted to find out that our two rooms were connected by a door in the middle. I was even happier when i saw that Matthew had arranged for chocolate to be left in the room as another birthday treat! The rooms were also lovely, spacious and clean.
We slept in later than we intended the next morning as our toddler was teething and not in great form during the night so we had our breakfast (great selection of food and drinks), intending to pack up and leave soon after. We met Matthew at reception again and he offered us a late check out, with no extra charge! I was absolutely delighted as this gave us a chance to use the pool. It was a lovely ending to a lovely stay.
I will be definitely returning to this hotel at some point as our experience was just so positive. I really felt like they went above and beyond for us. Thank you Matthew and all for the great getaway.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MrsGibbsD
Matthew Connolly, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2024

Dear Mrs D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for posting your 5 star review! I am absolutely delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay overall and that we were able to assist in unexpected ways to make relaxing with your family that bit easier! I am so glad to hear that our complimentary buggy helped you to enjoy your meal, that you enjoyed all of your well deserved birthday treats and that your kids got the chance to use the pool, which is definitely a family favourite!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words about our hotel and our team. We all look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing trip as soon as possible.

Reviewed 30 December 2023

Best Hotel for miles, friendly, efficient staff. Top notch hotel. Great value. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend as a stay in wonderful picturesque countryside. The staff are well trained and super efficient

Room tip: Go there!
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Matthew Connolly, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2023

Dear Sightseer50999753585,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for posting your 5 star review! I am absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us on your recent visit. Thank you so much for your kind words and in particular for mentioning our friendly and efficient staff. I hope that you felt very well cared for and that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2023

We stayed at the Radisson Blu in Sligo for two nights recently to attend a family wedding. It was a really enjoyable and restful experience. The staff were really welcoming on our arrival and offered advice on the restaurants, best time to eat etc. The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Dinner was served promptly by a very pleasant young gentleman, for whom nothing was a problem. The wedding the following day was a relaxed and very enjoyable event and the service, quality and piping hot food gets you marks from me.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matthew Connolly, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2023

Dear Margaret D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for posting your 5 star review! I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable and restful experience and in particular that you received such a warm welcome from our wonderful staff. Thank you also for mentioning your comfortable accommodation. I am very glad that you enjoyed both your dinner on your first night and the wedding meal and service. We greatly appreciate your kind and encouraging words and we hope to welcome you back for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2023 via mobile

This hotel has the potential to be very good. Nice location, good facilities and well laid out however the staffing of the bar areas is very poor especially when there are functions on. Have recently attended two even d at the hotel and the poor organisation at the bars meant that people were queuing for 25-39 minutes for a drink in the function room and in the main bar. Speaking to others who attended this seems to be a regular problem and needs to be addressed for the hotel to fulfil its potential.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I do hope that you enjoyed the recent events that you attended but I do apologise that you found the bar queueing times to be excessive. We have reviewed the service parameters for these events and we greatly appreciate your kind and constructive feedback.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the future, and given the opportunity I will make every effort to ensure that you have a perfectly enjoyable stay.

Matthew Connolly

Reviewed 26 December 2023

Hotel accommodation and food was superb, while staff were very friendly, they failed in communicating and service. There was a group of 12 of us and between food, drinks and accommodation we paid approximately 1500.. Really enjoyed the stay. Excellent chefs and food tasty and well presented. All staff including reception staff very pleasant but (no clear leader/management in place so very disappointing service.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Breege C,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, including your accommodation and our superb food. I am very glad that you really enjoyed the stay, but I do sincerely apologise that there was an issue with service that impacted your enjoyment.

I would greatly appreciate the chance to welcome you back for a future visit. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation enquiries. Given the opportunity I will make every effort to ensure that you have a perfectly enjoyable stay.

matthew.connolly@radissonblu.com