4 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$260
Hotels.comUS$260
HurbUS$269
2,276 results
All reviews rosses point a business class room relaxation room bar food lovely hotel leisure centre steam room top class main course ben bulben enjoyable stay from start to finish both nights great selection weekend break following morning saturday night
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2020

Really impressed with this hotel's approach to the new covid safety measures. Beautiful hotel and very friendly staff. Breakfast was excellent . Would recommend to others and would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank shellsal
Seamus Preston , General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2020

Dear shellsal,

Many thanks for your review and for taking the time to share your experience with us, it is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback.

It is extremely heartening to read your words of praise for my colleagues as each and every one of the team strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests. Here at the Radisson Blu Sligo we pride ourselves on our warm, friendly and hospitable staff so I am delighted that your experience was reflective of the atmosphere that we try so hard in creating.

It is also very encouraging to read that you felt safe throughout your stay with us, our Caring for you Programme very much revolves around the well-being of our guests so that they may continue to enjoy their time at the hotel with new norms of safety and peace of mind.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months.

Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

Once again I stayed here. I really cannot fault it. Small issue with shower, but was sorted within minutes. Food as usual was brilliant. Breakfast to die for. Cant wait to go back, Beautiful weather, sat outside like being somewhere foreign. Social observed at all times. Look forward to stayin again in the future

Date of stay: September 2020

Dear mooney63,

Thank you for kind words and fantastic review, it is always encouraging to learn of a guest’s positive experience with us and your feedback is also a great source of recognition and motivation for the team here at the hotel.

Executive Chef Joe Shannon and his team are delighted also with your feedback about your dining experiences. While we no longer have our super buffet breakfast on offer I am glad that you found our new offering to be of a very high standard.

Hopefully the sun will be shining again on your next visit to Sligo!

Reviewed 5 October 2020

I checked into Radisson Blu County Sligo where everything went smoothly left with my son to the room found it to be a double bed went to reception who organised it to be changed to a twin the receptionist on the instruction of the duty manager then proceeded to tell me that we were not to use the facilities or use the bar or restaurant that room service was our option I had been travelling all day so I decided to Do nothing at this time
In the morning I spoke to the deputy manager telling him of my complaint and asking in particular under what legislation they had evoked to alienate my son and I he informed me that there was no written rules and that the freedom of the hotel was bestowed back to us

Later in the evening whilst ordering
a drink at the bar I was asked was I the guest from Glasgow he then told me that I was not to be served and only room service was available

I was not amused the policy of being identified in the public area as not welcome in the bar whilst other patrons could overhear the conversation and being publicly humiliated this is not the service I expect as human being with a good knowledge of the dangers of covid 19

I would in this occasion brief the management at this hotel to communicate with each other so that this kind of bullying of clients ceases

I will make a formal complaint about this incident which has left me scarred as to the way my son and I were treated at this hotel

There are personal reasons why I did not leave the hotel after being treated so unfairly

Regards

Joseph D Docherty

Trip type: Travelled on business
Corporate Customer Care Corporate Customer Care, Owner at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback. We understand how inconvenient that must have been expecting something and we were not able to fulfill that expectation. Your feedback is very beneficial and will help us facilitate all necessary hotel improvements to ensure a positive guest experience. We hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance to provide you an experience that is truly excellent in all aspects.

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

We booked this hotel for two nights in October, opting for an executive suite expecting a four star luxury experience however we were extremely disappointed. The room was very underwhelming and not like the photos on the website, it was clean but sparse and lacked any sort of personal touch. A basic nespresso machine in an executive suite would be expected and better quality water especially when paying over €200 per night in October. Overall presentation and extra touches did not match up to any other hotels we have stayed in from the Radisson brand.

The food in the bar is terrible, our advice to anyone is hop in a taxi or drive 5mins down the road to The Driftwood restaurant in Rosses Point instead for fresh local food with a creative flare.

The service in the hotel was good, except for the bar area.

The hotel is overpriced for what is provides.

1  Thank shaunam141
Corporate Customer Care Corporate Customer Care, Owner at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback.

We are sorry to hear about your experience at that time. Hopefully, you would have a better experience with us on your future stay. That's not the experience we want any of our guests to have.

Your comments will be shared with the hotel management to ensure a similar incident won't reoccur in the future.We hope for another opportunity to make a more favorable impression in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Lovely location, hotel very clean, staff very helpful. However food was extremely disappointing, we expected much better. Bar and restaurant menu exactly the same.
Totally over priced for 1 night in October.

Dear annemB105UA,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback.

While I am glad to read that you enjoyed many elements to your stay, I am terribly sorry that your dining experience was not an enjoyable experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback about your dining experience.

We appreciate your feedback and for the opportunity to improve on foot of review and if you do return to the hotel that we can meet and exceed your expectations.