Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Philmar House(Ballincar)
TripAdvisor
1,944 results
All reviewsrosses pointa business class roomrelaxation roombar foodlovely hotelleisure centrewedding receptionthermal suitesteam roommain courseben bulbentop classboth morningslast weekendbar stafffollowing morninglovely room
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel gave me the worst view ever. The very fine window looked on to roof slates. Good part no daylight woke me. Beds were comfortable. Room good size. Very little natural light. Bathrooms had seen better days. Fine bar area. Serving drinks and had coffee dock. Cup of tea and cup of coffee will set you back €5.70 and if you feel like a drink two Corona will cost you just under €11.00. We eat dinner. Not again my beef was more like roast fat. This Radisson needs to look at its. Why was the bar empty? The hotels in the area were full with people. And to add injuries to our stay. A sign told us how busy breakfast was and best time to eat so we decided to go at 10.45 before it closed at 11am according to the sign. To find breakfast had finished at 10.30. But the good thing we found a beautiful little coffee shop just down the road and enjoyed wonderful food there. All in all shame on the Radisson Sligo

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ryanlingus
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Ryanlingus,

Thank you for taking them time to review our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I would like to apologise on behalf of myself and the team that there were elements of your stay which you found disappointing.

For this reason I am most anxious to chat with your good self in person – firstly to thank you for the feedback, however my main objective is to attempt to regain your confidence with the hotel.

I would be most appreciative if you had time to discuss this further with me, my number here at the hotel is 0719140008 or my email is seamus.preston@radissonblu.com

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

At check-in, on Wednesday, I was asked for my card for Pre Authorisation. I asked the question about how long they will hold on to the amount - until checkout, I was told. On checking out, on Friday after the Conferences Lunch, I was told that they had already charged my card. I had to ASK for my receipts.
More than 24hrs later, I found that I had been charged TWICE. I was told, on making the phone call, that they had "FORGOT" to do the credit.
Another place aspiring to be FOUR****.
Breakfast is good, Lunch is OK - Beef or Fish? Bar has good selection. Safe in room was locked. One coffee sachet in tray. Kettle too big to fit under tap.
Tour BUS blocking up the entrance to the Car Park "unloading luggage"
Need to have a major look at their overall operation.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Tengtooltom2,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us and I do hope that overall you enjoyed your visit to Sligo.

I am extremely sorry for the billing issues that arose and that the preauthorisation was not completed on checking out of the hotel, thus releasing any funds held on your credit card. I do hope that this issue was resolved by the front office team when you called the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you require any further assistance.

Thank you for your constructive and helpful comments in relation to the kettle size in the room you resided in. We will review the size of any new replacement kettles going forward and look at phasing out these large kettles that are left in a number of our bedrooms.
I am glad to read that you found the breakfast to be of a good standard and that you found our bar to have a good selection

Thank you again for your review and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Seamus Preston
(General Manager)

Reviewed 24 May 2018

This is a really excellent hotel, nice bar, big rooms and in handy location. Spa was really nice as was food in the bar. I plan to stay here again the next time I am in the area. Good value for money also.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ShaunG82
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear ShaunG82,

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you are planning a return visit. I hope that won't be too long away.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Typical of a chain hotel all amenities operated as expected. Perfect location outside Sligo with a near laundromat 3 minutes away. Good breakfast. Nice room even though bed was to small with regard to what is expected in the market for such a hotel. Room in the cleanest side. Reception on the good side, Lacks "soul" and uniqueness.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear heinrich618,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Sligo and our hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

The staff here are very friendly and helpful. The spa is heavenly, with lovely therapists and a restful Relaxation Room. Dinner was excellent with very pleasant service. I had a beautiful bedroom, but no view. A long roof completely obliterated my view from the window, apart from a tiny strip of sky at the very top. The surroundings here are amazing - Benbulben, Ox Mountains, Atlantic Ocean, Knocknarea - yet the hotel's only decent views are from the very nice dining room or, apparently, from the suites for which you evidently pay more. The bar is dark.The llovely large windows in the foyer look into the parked cars. So much more could be done to open up this hotel to the beautiful Sligo surroundings.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, be sure to book it in advance as you may have to pay more for a suite
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Deridre099,

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. We are indeed very fortunate with our wonderful surroundings and location in Sligo. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to enjoy the view from your bedroom during this stay. If you're staying again, please request a view and reservations will do their best to facilitate you request.
Thank you for your kind feedback about Solas Spa and your dining experience during your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel at some stage in the near future. Thanks again for your feedback.