1,702 results
All reviews horse riding castle leslie snaffles restaurant afternoon tea hunting lodge equestrian centre cross country roll top bath treatment rooms stable mews old world self catering connors bar course meal sir jack grounds are beautiful birthday treat
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This place just carries you back through the decades to an era of grandeur. Glaslough village is so quaint. Prefect for a sunday afternoon visit. Highly recommend a visit and a stroll or even better some horse riding

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dreams20172017
Brian_Baldwin, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your complementary review. Taking a stroll through our Estate is pure escapism. We are so lucky to have Glaslough Village on our doorstep. It is so picturesque with lots to do including shopping and dining.

Please do return for another visit where we will be delighted to welcome you back.
Very Best Wishes,
Brian Baldwin,

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Castle Leslie is set in a beautiful estate on the shore of a lake and surrounded with beautiful mature trees. We,a party of 5 ladies, sisters and mum, stayed in self catering large 4 bedroom house, 2 ensuite, 1 main bathroom and toilet downstairs,large kitchen with all mod cons although presses were a deep royal blue that were difficult to look at.
Although it was within the estate grounds it was not in the castle grounds. I felt a little cheated. Cost €630 for 3 nights. Had dinner in bar one night, food OK, portions small to medium. Bar staff friendly and welcoming.

Breakfast in Snaffles restaurant one morning, normally hot buffet but we were so early it was fresh. Continental breakfast very extensive and very tasty and expensive. Cost €20. Breakfast staff not very friendly or helpful maybe 8 am was just too early for them.

We enjoyed a beautiful walk around the estate, bring a map though,as I guarantee you will get lost as there was very few signs.

We couldn't view the inside the castle as there was a private event on, I have been before and if it is open it is well worth a visit.

There is a Spa but we didn't avail of it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Brian_Baldwin, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Very many thanks for taking the time to submit your constructive comments. The Village Cottages are always very popular for a girls break away as they are ideal for medium - large groups. We do pride ourselves on excellent customer service and our staff right across the Estate really strive to go above and beyond their roles to offer exceptional service to our guests. Therefore, it really saddens me to hear of your experience and I would really welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail. Please do reach out to me directly at the Estate and I would be only too happy to talk to you.

Very Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

So, my friends and I booked a 2 night stay for a hen for single occupancy heritage rooms which they were great enough to organise as minimum capacity/room is 2 people. The bride to be was put in the basement whilst the rest of us were on the top floor. And they couldn’t move her up or one of us down. Completely ruined the experience and any fun we might have had. The whole point of us booking together was so we’d be together. And they knew she was the bride to be as I made sure to mention it was for her hen. Either it was horrible organization skills on their part or they just couldn’t be ar*ed!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. Our staff always try and accommodate specific guest requests where possible. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you.

Please do reach out to me directly at the Estate and I would be only too delighted to talk to you.

Very Best Wishes

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We have had a lovely few days staying at Castle Leslie on several occasions The drawing rooms in the castle are beautiful, big roaring fires and great service. The only downside is the bedrooms are a bit hit and miss. On the lower floor the rooms are dark and not very pleasing so try for a room in the main building of the castle. We have stayed in the lodge and the rooms there are lovely. Food was magnificent and service is first class in both the Castle and the lodge. Grounds are beautiful..

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Brian_Baldwin, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to submit your review and I am delighted to to hear that you are a repeat guest and thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. The Castle really offers complete respite from the rest of the world. It's a haven of tranquility, with its 20 unique bedrooms where no two rooms are the same. So whether your idea of heaven is a romantic boudoir designed with relaxation and privacy in mind or flamboyant room decorated with rich deep colours, there’s a room to suit your tastes. We do pride ourselves on our food offering and no matter where you eat on the Estate, you will enjoy the best of classic Irish cooking. We source our food produce locally as much as possible.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Castle Leslie Estate very soon.

Very Best Wishes,

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Just spent a lovely couple of days with my wife.We availed of the hot-tub and a treatment in the spa.I can highly recommend the hot towel shave and head massage.We dined in Snaffles restaurant on the first night and it was one of the best dining experiences we have had,the meal (6 courses) was outstanding.I would drive back just for the meal alone.The rooms are spacious and well furnished and all the staff were extremely pleasant,courteous and friendly.Well worth a visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to submit your wonderful review. We do pride ourselves on our food offering and no matter where you eat on the Estate, you will enjoy the best of classic Irish cooking. We source our food produce locally as much as possible. Our staff truly are the backbone to our success. They constantly over exceed expectations and always conduct their jobs in such a professional, genuine, friendly and enthusiastic manner. They really strive to go above and beyond their roles to offer exceptional service to our guests and our numerous accolades to date are testament to their hard work and dedication.

Best Wishes,