2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$168
Hotels.comUS$183
HurbUS$191
2,232 results
All reviews tayto park play room swimming pool family hotel dublin zoo family break changing rooms next morning lovely hotel bar food leisure centre steak would highly recommend this hotel from start to finish enjoyable stay food was lovely saturday night
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2022

Hotel is lovely. We had a big, comfortable room, very clean. All the staff were so nice and very helpful. There were a few things going on on the Saturday, was very busy but didn’t feel that way! Food in the bar in the evening was vey nice and breakfast next morning was impressive.

Date of stay: September 2022
Catherine McCann, Sales at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2022

Hi 73trishp,

Thank you so much for your recent review was a pleasure to read. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and the food both the evening of your stay and at breakfast, I will ensure the team are aware of your comments.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

The team - Pillo Hotel Ashbourne

Reviewed 3 September 2022 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August as we travelled for a friends wedding. I would highly recommend this hotel, super clean, spacious rooms and a really nice restaurant! Not one complaint and would definitely book to stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Charlotte W,

Thank you for recent review.

It's great to hear your two night stay for your friends big day was enjoyed in all aspects. You review is very kind and we appropriate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

The Team - Pillo Hotel Ashbourne

Reviewed 27 August 2022

Booked two nights, currently on the second night and expected room service. Typical standard service expectation. I had a tray of food left in the room from the night before and come back 10 hours later and it’s still there and zero room service. Called reception to ask if there is no daily room service and they responded no and if I needed anything. I asked for cups and some UHT milk to be replaced. The porter arrived without the cups but everything else and stated” you have to ask for room service” , “there is a list and you must get added to it.” I explained that’s not normal hotel practice which he said no that daily room service is not done elsewhere. Now this young lad probably hasn’t much experience so I just explained no, room service is normal to get and never had to ask for it before anywhere.
This is our second time staying here, we booked via the phone and for the same room as last time. Arrived and it’s not the same room but couldn’t be bothered with moving after a day of packing and travelling.
Apart from the lack of room service and the incorrect booking, it’s a great place for young children (The playroom does need a lot of TLC at this stage) and has lovely food and staff in the restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Catherine McCann, Sales at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2022

Hi Wanderlust8117,

Thank you for your recent review.

I would love the opportunity to address your comments further, if you would be so kind as to email catherine.mccann@pillohotelashbourne.com.

Reviewed 25 August 2022

I can say with certainty after speaking to my family members who stayed in different rooms, there were hairs all over the bathroom floors. Bath tub rings make us feel that cleaning is sub standard. Food is not that good but desserts are good.

1  Thank luv_Zarha

Hi luv_Zarha,

Reviewed 24 August 2022

We booked the Pillo Hotel due to the proximity of the premises to tayto Park. However I really struggle to understand how the hotel can advertise as a 4 * hotel. This baffles me. It is a 3 star at best.
The pros:
1. The dinner and breakfast both were absolutely beautiful and the choices for both were plentiful. We really enjoyed both meal as did the children.
2. The cocktails were delicious.
3. There was so many staff, and in particular the restaurant staff were so friendly and helpful.
4. The bathroom in the bedroom was clearly recently renovated and was very clean and modern
The cons:
1. The pool area and changing rooms are so run down and filthy. The pool itself was clean, but the pool area and changing rooms left alot to be desired. They were also both freezing.
2. The bedroom was tired and outdated. Room 331 was where we stayed. The beds were comfy, but the carpet on stained, the furniture is old and there's way too much. The armchair and spin chair were both old and stained. It's a crazy amount of furniture to have in the room.
3. The Aircon didn't work. Iv seen comments going back a few months to say it wasnt working. This is not acceptable esp in a family room. There was one fan.
4. There's a balcony area. This makes no sense. You can't enter it, but the door opens slightly for air. But the balcony is FILTHY. It's mouldy and there's a smell coming from there so we kept the door closed.

I stayed here back in 2017 and the hotel has gotten so run down since then which is confusing as I thought it was being renovated at one stage during covid. I would struggle to return and if so 100% not to this room

1  Thank Melmooney34
Catherine McCann, Sales at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2022

Hi Melmooney34,
Thank you for your recent review.

I note your kind comments but would love the opportunity to address the cons mentioned further, if you would be so kind as to email catherine.mccann@pillohotelashbourne.com.