Lowest prices for your stay
US$168
PricelineUS$168
Hotels.comUS$183
HurbUS$191
2,232 results
All reviews tayto park play room swimming pool family hotel dublin zoo family break changing rooms next morning lovely hotel bar food leisure centre steak would highly recommend this hotel from start to finish enjoyable stay food was lovely saturday night
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2022

Booked two nights, currently on the second night and expected room service. Typical standard service expectation. I had a tray of food left in the room from the night before and come back 10 hours later and it’s still there and zero room service. Called reception to ask if there is no daily room service and they responded no and if I needed anything. I asked for cups and some UHT milk to be replaced. The porter arrived without the cups but everything else and stated” you have to ask for room service” , “there is a list and you must get added to it.” I explained that’s not normal hotel practice which he said no that daily room service is not done elsewhere. Now this young lad probably hasn’t much experience so I just explained no, room service is normal to get and never had to ask for it before anywhere.
This is our second time staying here, we booked via the phone and for the same room as last time. Arrived and it’s not the same room but couldn’t be bothered with moving after a day of packing and travelling.
Apart from the lack of room service and the incorrect booking, it’s a great place for young children (The playroom does need a lot of TLC at this stage) and has lovely food and staff in the restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Catherine McCann, Sales at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2022

Hi Wanderlust8117,

Thank you for your recent review.

I would love the opportunity to address your comments further, if you would be so kind as to email catherine.mccann@pillohotelashbourne.com.

Reviewed 25 August 2022

I can say with certainty after speaking to my family members who stayed in different rooms, there were hairs all over the bathroom floors. Bath tub rings make us feel that cleaning is sub standard. Food is not that good but desserts are good.

1  Thank luv_Zarha

Hi luv_Zarha,

Reviewed 24 August 2022

We booked the Pillo Hotel due to the proximity of the premises to tayto Park. However I really struggle to understand how the hotel can advertise as a 4 * hotel. This baffles me. It is a 3 star at best.
The pros:
1. The dinner and breakfast both were absolutely beautiful and the choices for both were plentiful. We really enjoyed both meal as did the children.
2. The cocktails were delicious.
3. There was so many staff, and in particular the restaurant staff were so friendly and helpful.
4. The bathroom in the bedroom was clearly recently renovated and was very clean and modern
The cons:
1. The pool area and changing rooms are so run down and filthy. The pool itself was clean, but the pool area and changing rooms left alot to be desired. They were also both freezing.
2. The bedroom was tired and outdated. Room 331 was where we stayed. The beds were comfy, but the carpet on stained, the furniture is old and there's way too much. The armchair and spin chair were both old and stained. It's a crazy amount of furniture to have in the room.
3. The Aircon didn't work. Iv seen comments going back a few months to say it wasnt working. This is not acceptable esp in a family room. There was one fan.
4. There's a balcony area. This makes no sense. You can't enter it, but the door opens slightly for air. But the balcony is FILTHY. It's mouldy and there's a smell coming from there so we kept the door closed.

I stayed here back in 2017 and the hotel has gotten so run down since then which is confusing as I thought it was being renovated at one stage during covid. I would struggle to return and if so 100% not to this room

1  Thank Melmooney34
Catherine McCann, Sales at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2022

Hi Melmooney34,
Thank you for your recent review.

I note your kind comments but would love the opportunity to address the cons mentioned further, if you would be so kind as to email catherine.mccann@pillohotelashbourne.com.

Reviewed 24 August 2022

We booked 6 rooms for friends to stay 1 night for an off -site wedding. From start to finish we were dealt with efficiently. Everything we requested was met. Our friends say their rooms were comfortable, and breakfast was lovely . I am very pleased with the experience and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Miriamteddersc,

Thank you for your review.

It was a delight to read, thank you for taking the time to rate your experience for other to see on this platform. I'm happy to learn your stay overall was enjoyed and we hope the wedding day went well. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
The Team - Pillo Hotel Ashbourne

Reviewed 14 August 2022 via mobile

Stayed here last Tuesday to Thursday, did the family deal two nights bed and breakfast one evening meal tickets to tayto Park. Was a brilliant deal. Had a brilliant time. Its our sixth or seventh time here. The hotel is fab, clean, the food is great. The staff are amazing. We had our 11 year old daughter and four year old grandson with us. They enjoyed themselves. My grandson can be very funny about food and the staff were brilliant giving him toast when we asked for it or plain pasta. The rooms are very clean loads of room. It's great that you get a mini fridge and ironing board and iron in every room. We will be back

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to see you have enjoyed another stay with us. We are delighted to have welcomed you and your family once again ad we look forward to doing so in the future. I have passed on your kind comments to our staff as it will be very much so appreciated.

The Team - Pillo Hotel Ashbourne