“Great day out!!! Highly recommended!!”
Review of Tayto Park

Tayto Park
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Ashbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in Ashbourne, Co. Meath and just 30 minutes from Dublin is Ireland’s only theme park and zoo, Tayto Park. With over 100 attractions to experience and enjoy, there is something for everyone; young, old and in between. For the thrill seekers, the Cu Chulainn, Ireland’s first rollercoaster and Europe’s first wooden rollercoaster with an inversion, is sure to get your adrenaline flowing. But that’s not all, there are a huge variety of attractions, 100+ in total. Challenge yourself high in the sky on the Extreme Climbing Walls or Sky Walk, let the kids explore our Playground, Steam Train Express or our Mini Ferris Wheel or take the Tayto Factory Tour, free with entry, and find out the history behind Tayto. And for those who don’t need an increased heart rate to have a good time, enjoy a laid-back stroll through our zoo, where you can interact with the exceptional animal collection, from the mischievous meerkats to the largest of the big cats, the amur tiger.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day out!!! Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Went today with 2 kids stayed for 3 hours,could of stayed for another 3 but for the rain,kids loved it,great value for money better value then the zoo,food in restaurant was of a high standard,and good value for money!!! €11.95 for the roast €4.95 for kids meals!! Would go back tomorrow if I had the time!!!

4 Thank Fitz33

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“RIP OFF IRELAND MASTERED HERE!!!!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

RIPPED OFF!!! Cost me €36 for myself a 3 year old and a 7 year old! The park was nearly deserted. The tour of the crisp factory was tedious as all the viewing windows to the factory were too high for my 3 year old to see so that meant I had to carry him for the whole tour and really is not worth the time. You would imagine that there would be a "taste" of a crisp at the end?? No. Next then we went on to view the animals. Pretty lame.. takes about 30 minutes. I understand that it's not a zoo so we weren't too concerned although the animals listed on the brochure were nowhere to be seen. (Pot Bellied Pigs, Buffalo???) My big issue is the fact that other than the "playground" there is nothing much else to do without having to fork out more money! There was a sand pit that my 3 year old wanted to play in but it was closed off because it "was raining"!!! I was always under the impression that sand was used to the company of WATER!! The photo booth was CLOSED. The teepee area was CLOSED (Pokahauntus wigwams were unattended and nothing happening.. The IceCream parlour was CLOSED. The BBQ was CLOSED. Eagle sky adventure zone was CLOSED. The Teehouse in the tree was CLOSED... The kids would have loved to have seen Mr Tayto... you would expect someone dressed up... There were NO activities organized. No staff about the place except for maintenance guys. Plenty of diggers and dumpsters driving around, so you certainly cant let the kids loose! The ticket office where we were to purchase tickets for some of the "attractions" had a note on the window.. "if unattended, knock on window" which I dutifully did... no response. I waited... nothing... I walked around the back of the reception area to see could I spot anyone.. there was just a decorator painting a room. At this stage I was enraged and all I wanted to do was go home. I pointed out the appalling state of the place to the receptionist as I left after we received our "packet of Tayto" and was told that there was plenty to do.. "there is 50 acres here" ... I'm sure there is.. but 50 acres of crap is still 50 acres of crap...I will be emailing "MR TAYTO" and DEMANDING a refund. NO MORE TAYTO FOR ME...WALKERS IN FUTURE... !!!....Did I mention I forked out €36 for this privilege?!?

30 Thank Flanman F
Galway
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Day for the Family”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had the most wonderful day in Tayto Park with family and friends (ages ranging from 1yrs to 40+). There is something for everyone. The quality of the playgrounds, the garden areas, the activities and the zoo area were all just super.
The restaurant was reasonably priced with a great range of freshly prepared foods (no limp lettuce leaves or soggy sandwiches to be seen here).
I think we must have tried nearly everything, including a visit to the factory. Even though we were there on a Sunday, (the factory is not in operation on a Sunday and we knew this in advance of our trip from the website, so you won't see the production line in operation) but you can see where production takes place and there are plenty of explanations and videos along the way.
The staff were very helpful, patient and seemed very happy which is a great reflection on a place.
We will definitely be back again and will recommend it to others gladly.

1 Thank ZoeGalway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Day Out”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We were in Tayto Park today and had a really enjoyable day out. Queues for rides weren't bad (Disney queues are about 90 mins) so I was happy with 5/10 mins. Pleasantly surprised with all the extras that have been put in since I was here last year! Keep up the good work Mr Tayto! Maybe another few rides would be good and a little train around the park???? Good value, took out the family membership so we'll be back!

1 Thank Scathed
Cobh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good Day Out...even in the pouring rain.”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Travelled to Dublin for the weekend, unfortunately we picked Monday to visit Tayto as it was very wet and cold. This did not stop us enjoying a great day at the park. They have tipi's which are filled with things for the kids to do, Face Painting, Balloon sculpting and Crafts which was really good and different for us and the kids. There is also a great restaurant and gift shop. So when the rain stopped we could look at all the animals which seems to be very well looked after and do some of the activities which you pay €2.00 to do. Overall the park was very clean, staff very friendly and plenty to do even on a rainy day... hopefully we will be back on our next visit to Dublin.

3 Thank travellercobh