Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
kilkenny, ireland
“Great deals and offers.”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently with a group of friends. It was a mid week stay and they offered us an excellend package of B & B, evening dinner in the Italian restaurant, a facial and a car valet, all for 89 euro. It was excellent value. The hotel has a lovely cafe and nice restaurant. It also has a good size swimming pool and some rooms for beauty therapies. Only negative is that it does not have its own car park. It does a deal with a car park next door which gives a reduced price but it still cost us 10 euro. Also the pay machine only took coins, which I did not have and I had to go back into the hotel to locate some.

Room Tip: Not a room close to the train station.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
PortlaoiseHeritage, Gemma Jordan General Manager at Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel), responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor .

The Team & I are truly delighted with your comments. As you have mentioned we offer great midweek offers and delighted that you and your group of friends availed of such offer.

Thank you for your comments in regards to the Spago’s Italian restaurant, Coffee Bean, Spa & Leisure Centre - we are thrilled you and your group of friends enjoyed your stay & facilities.

I note you comments in regards to the car parking and yes unfortunately we do not own or operate the car park but have a great working relationship with the car park and are delighted to be in a position to offer our hotel guests discounted rates.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the near future.

Once again thank you for your posting.

Thanking you.

Kind Regards,

Gemma Jordan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Polish first
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Staff was pleasant but the place was overall average. The setup of the hotel was a bit akward, but for the price it was sufficient.

• Stayed February 2012
PortlaoiseHeritage, Gemma Jordan General Manager at Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel), responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor .

I am disappointed in regards to your comments and title of your posting. I would greatly appreciate your feedback as your information was limited.

I would greatly appreciate if you can contact me directly so I can learn more information so improvements can be made if needed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanking you.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Got a very reasonable deal in this hotel, €98 for DBB for two people. Check in was swift, professional. We hadn't booked dinner in advance which was a near disaster, as mid week both restaurants were nearly full. Who would have thought?? We got a table in Kellys Foundary, and had a an absolutely fantastic meal, the service was personable and friendly, and the food was fantastic. I would agree with previous reviewers about the rooms. With the addition of Duvets and a few small touches there would be a vast improvement. That being said, our room was clean, warm, with three separate pieces of art, and a great shower.
Overall a very good hotel, and well worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on trip advisor. A review which is scored so highly is greatly celebrated at the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel so thank you most sincerely on behalf of the team and I.

I am delighted you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us, excellent customer and personal service is one element that makes us different from other hotels and I am delighted that you partner agree. The team and I are delighted that your stay was such a great success and once again thank you for taking the time for posting your comments.

I am delighted that from your arrival to your departure you & your partners stay was such a success. The Kelly’s Foundry grill house team are in particular delighted with your glowing comments. As you have noted a dinner reservation is needed as even midweek we are in most cases fully booked, which is a great complaint.

In regards to the rooms as you will note from my pervious comments posted to other guests that we are confident in getting the rooms update across the line in the very near future.

Thank you sincerely once again for taking the time to post your wonderful review with benefits the team and the hotel as a whole.

Thank you for your repeat and valued custom which as mentioned is very much looked forward to every year.

Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Myself, my sister, and my 6 year old niece recently had a lovely 2 nights at the Heritage Hotel in Portlaoise.

The building istelf is beautiful - very impressive on the outside with equally impressive public areas inside - and very centrally located, only a short walk from restaurants, shopping centre, cinema, etc. Parking is in the adjacent multi-story which has an entrance directly into the hotel. ( If you're staying B&B parking is free but it might be worth noting that if you're staying on a room-only rate you have to pay for parking, which could add up).

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. I rang up a few days beforehand to confirm our booking and spoke with Amanda (I think !), who couldn't have been friendlier and took the time to answer all my questions. On arrival at the hotel, we met the same helpful attitude from all of the staff.

The pool area was excellent - one of the best we've come across. Spotlessly clean, a very spacious pool with adjoining children's pool, plently of floating aids available, and what my niece called the 'waterpark' - jets at one edge of the pool that sprayed water and bubbled up from below - great for the children. Again, the staff here were very friendly and cheerful.

I've left the room until last, mainly because this was where we hit our only real disappointment. On the whole it was fine - the bathroom was spotlessly clean, as were the linens and towels. And the room itself was very tidy and all the table surfaces clean. The problem was that the walls and carpet were filthy - the carpet was hoovered all right but definitely needed a shampoo. I certainly wouldn't let that put me off staying here, but I do think it's something that needs to be addressed. I understand that in a hotel as busy as the Heritage, it would be hard to find time to give the walls and carpets of every room a thorough wash, but it's a shame in such a beautiful hotel to be let down by something so basic.

Apart from this small quibble though, we had a lovely stay at the Heritage,and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank claire026
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on trip advisor. Thank you most sincerely on behalf of the team and I.

The team and I are truly delighted your sister & little niece enjoyed your stay with us, excellent customer and personal service is one element that makes us different from other hotels and I am delighted that your family agree.

In regards to a few complements you have mentioned - Thank you once again as a whole, Amanda O’ Sullivan Revenue Manager is a great asset to our team and I am thrilled that you felt the excellent customer service was seen throughout the hotel. Excellent customer service is a key element we practice daily to ensure we go over and beyond for each and every guest here in the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel.

The Leisure Centre Manager Therese and her Team are also trilled with your glowing feedback so thank you once again. You have certainly made our day so thank you most sincerely.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I didn't stay in the hotel but went to the spa for a day of treatments.The spa was alright,i've been to better but the treatments were lovely!However...I realised about a week later that i had left my necklace there which the beauty therapist had taken off for my massage. When I rang the hotel they claimed they had rang my phone (they hadn't) and then they proceeded to take my credit card details to charge me for posting it back to me in Dublin €5 maximum but they didn't even offer to post it free of charge...very poor service and doesn't say much about how well business is going that they need to charge clients who previously paid for a day of treatments for post!Needless to say they have lost my business and I will not be returning.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D_B279
PortlaoiseHeritage, Gemma Jordan General Manager at Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel), responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor.

I am disappointed to hear your feedback after leaving Ealu Spa. I have passed on your message to the Spa whom I understand have called and spoken to you this morning in regards to refunding your card.

For the safe return of your necklace Edel in the spa who carried out your treatment decided to register post the item to ensure its safe return & followed the common procedure of charging guests for lost property items, I appreciate this case is slightly different as the item was removed to carry out the treatment and not to cause damage to your necklace.

As a point to note Ealu Spa is ran separately to the hotel, but in saying this I take full responsibility for any issues that may occur.

I am delighted that the money will be refunded to your card and that we have corrected the situation for you.

Sincere apologies for the matter as a whole, Ealu Spa and the Portlaoise Heritage hotel look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Portlaoise Heritage Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
2.3 km away
14.7 km away
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbeyleix

Been to Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)

Property: Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)
Address: Jessop Street, Portlaoise, Ireland (Formerly Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)
Region: Ireland > Province of Leinster > County Laois > Portlaoise
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): €
Hotel Class:4 star — Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel) 4*
Designed to reflect style, planned with meticulous care to deliver service excellence, The Midlands Park Hotel has earned itself the reputation of being the most sought after hotel in Ireland. Nestled in the heart of Portlaoise Town, this sophisticated urban setting is perfect for business or pleasure. Its striking entrance creates an impressive sense of space and classic modern elegance. Our 115 deluxe bedrooms, incorporating executive rooms & suites offer the splendour of classic design with modern elegance and includes the latest in wireless internet technology complimentary. You will be spoiled for choice with our unique choice of Restaurants and Bars. Our White Flag Award Winning Health & Leisure Club is also available for all our guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Heritage Hotel Portlaoise