Roundwood House
Ballaghmore Castle(Borris-in-Ossory)
  • Pool
O'Loughlin's Hotel(Portlaoise)
View Hotel
All reviewsdrawing roomother guestsslieve bloom mountainsgreen roomgreat hostslambopen fireincredible foodamazing weekendcourse dinnersconeshen partygrounds are lovelymemorable stayyogurtboth nightsmagical place
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I dined here recently with work collegues for our office Christmas party. The concept of dining without knowing what was on the menu was new to me, and I was a bit nervous at first, but to my surprise I LOVED everything that was served to me. The food is thee most delicious I have ever tasted. I really enjoyed it & I love the fact that I tried a lot of food that I would normally avoid on another restaurant menu. So thanks to Paddy & Hannah, you've educated my palette to such an extent that I will no longer just order 'the usual' at a restaurant any more.... thanks so much! What you have at Roundwood House is unique & very special and long may it continue..... I will definitely be back ; )

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2016

What a wonderful and heart-warming place. A delightful, quirky house bursting with character and set in beautiful rambling gardens. From the moment you arrive, you feel part of Hannah and Paddy’s family. Warm, welcoming and attentive - they really go out of their way to ensure you have a fabulous stay. Highlights for me included the fascinating library, which provides the perfect setting for an evening relaxing by the fire with friends. Plus, the truly delicious food definitely makes me want to make a return visit sometime soon.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

The house is lovely, the hosts warm and friendly and the food amazing!!! We suggest you take a little walk around the courtyard, check out the library and the barn. It's like being placed in a story back in the 19th century!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here midweek. Beautiful house with loads of character in the middle of the countryside. So peaceful - only noise is the bird's singing in the mornings. There's an amazing library and gardens to relax in too. Delicious food and great company from the owners, Hannah and Paddy. They've created something really special here! The place has a great atmosphere. Wouldn't change a thing!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I stayed in Roundwood recently on two occasions. Both were so great. Hannah and Paddy are so warm, welcoming and helpful. The food was incredible and the house and gardens are magic. Top marks all round!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Hannah F, Owner at Roundwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thanks a million Roisin. We really enjoyed having you and your Mum stay.
Did I mention that you really haven't changed a bit since I used to see you in Galway many moons ago!