Maudlins House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The K Club(Straffan)
Little Acre(Newcastle)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastthe main hotelnight porterfunction roomsteakfull irish breakfastlovely staffnice stayold stylebar foodmy mothercinemamotorwayfergusvirginiavegmondello
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Upon arrival at our hotel room myself & my partner were instantly greeted with how cold the room was with the carpet being icy to the bare foot. We presumed that giving the age of the building & it been closed for the Christmas period it would have heated up upon our return. The fact that the heating control panel was displaying information we presumed that it was active. The provision of the fan heater indicated that it is a common occurrence for guests to find the rooms cold. So we did not contact reception.
We enjoyed our meal in the Virginia restaurant & found the staff there to be friendly and welcoming. They were in good spirits & the food was presented in  perfectly.
Following our return from ringing in the new year in naas we met a lovely night porter from Kildare town who was instantly there to open the doors for us without a need to Ring . He was very friendly & full of banter. I imagine he would make a great receptionist.
Our room had still not heated up @ 2am & giving the hour of the night/ morning it was we decided to just hop into our icy beds letting body heat & alcohol consumption do its thing.  As the room was so cold & the fan was so loud neither of us experienced a good night sleep.

We voiced our experience the following morning at check out but were made to feel that it was our fault & that we were only complaining to get money off. The receptionist was as icy as the room!!

The hotel knew we were due to arrive as they had our booking & deposit in advance. The room should have been heated & checked ready for our arrival... We did not have a 4star stay & will not be staying again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Champagnecavier
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed solo in the lodgings outside the main hotel. Very well appointed, comfortable and warm, even if there was no flatscreen TV. Gorgeous breakfast and staff were friendly. However, there was no hot water in the shower on the morning of departure. This hotel would have gotten 4 stars off me otherwise.

Room Tip: Check to see that there's hot water when you check in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This is a little smasher of a hotel. I got it for €70 for 1 nite. We stayed in the bungalows on the left of the hotel it was like it's own little house. The rooms are lovely very comfy, the beds could do with duvets as it was cool at night but it wasa lovely room. I was a bit disappointed as I arrived at 3.45 and the room still wasn't ready. I had to wait till near 5 to get in. I got a complimentary coffee which was nice. We ate in the bar, pasta and chicken! Probably the nicest pasta ive ever had ever and I like pasta! If I'm in naas again I'll definatley stay again, even if irony stay I'll be back for the food. The breakfast was nice too but we gotup late so it was nearly Gone. they had a choice of everything fruit, fry etc! The hotel is so nice from the inside it's gorgeous!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank BootzB
Reviewed 16 October 2011

this hotel is a little gem. Received a very warm welcome on arrival and the rooms were very spacious and clean. Food was delicious and the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Looking forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed here recently and was very disappointed. Admittedly I got a very good rate but at the same time I expected more.

The hotel room was in poor state, the hotel badly needs to invest in a proper carpet cleaner. The stains on the carpet were a disgrace. the bedding was not any better, I was surprised that the bathroom was clean and modern. Breakfast was OK only, fresh orange juice which was a plus but the rest was poor.

Would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business