“Will be back :)”

Maudlins House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Bought a deal on deal rush for 89 euro so my partner and myself were very excited as it was to the value of 250 euro.

As we were driving up the hotel it looked exactly like it did in the pictures and i was just dying to see what it looked like inside. We walked into reception were there was modern decor and everything was spotless and clean. The man who was on reception was very friendly and polite and he gave us directions to our room etc. There was no problems.

When opening the door to the room we were amazed by the size of both the room and bathroom! There were massive!! Very clean etc. We looked through the information book which had everything in it which was good if you were a tourist.

We decided to head down to the bar to have a few drinks, drinks were very reasonable prices compared to pub prices and such likes. The lunch menu was still on when we got down into the bar but we asked would we be able to have our dinner an hour early (dinner doesn't start till 6) There was no problem, there was lots to choose from and when we got our food it was just excellent! i cleared my plate for both main course and desert. Was very impressed! Later on that night we got chicken wings to share and again they were amazing!

By the end of the night we were the only 2 left in the bar, but we werent being rushed out of there (which is always good) as the bar is open to residents 24 hours.

The only thing that i found very annoying in our hotel room was the air con vent which kept making this tapping noise. But it was ok!
We got breakfast in bed which again was really nice! no complaints!
Over all room etc was lovely and would recommend to anyone! :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MOOMOO7_11

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We were recomended by friends to stay at this hotel, so we booked it without looking at any reviews, and we were not disapointed. The staff were very attentive and curtious, the rooms were excellent. Food was very good with an excellent breakfast and bar food or sit down meals to suit all tastes.
My wife and I would have no hesitation to recomend this hotel to our friends, and we have already booked for another stay. The only negative thing I would say is that there is a slight difficulty in parking, the car park is behind the hotel and for people with dissabilities it could prove to be a little dificult but I would not let that put me off because I was able to manage ok and I am dissabled.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Shop around the various hotel offers
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoffrey64
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Lovely delux room, very big and spacious and lots of little extras. Staff all lovely and food very nice. Resonably priced would certainly go back. Is a little noisy because so close to road and the vents are open but not so bad as u'd worry bout it.

Room Tip: Maybe one at the back away from the road
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

The hotel room is nice and staff are courteous. Beds are comfortable enough and there is everything you would need for a short stay.

However, there are elements of the room that forced me to look elsewhere after two one-night stays.

The first is that the soft water will drive you absolutely insane because it's so hard to get the water off.

The second, and most disappointing, is that the vents to the rooms are open all the time meaning that you can hear the traffic on the road as if the window was open. This makes for a less than satisfying night's stay.

It's near Naas but quite far from Dublin.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank the_new_mr
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I called to book this hotel a week in advance of our stay and the receptionist was very helpful and friendly. However when my friend arrived to stay on Saturday evening she was told by the receptionist that we had been given the wrong price and she was expecting E20 extra per person. Not only this but when I, who had booked the room, called to question it, she was extremely rude and unhelpful.
I don't understand why she hadn't called me back to clarify this mistake in advance when she had known about it. I felt it was a scam hoping we would have nowhere else to stay at the last minute and would be forced to pay extra. I understand mistakes can be made however her blatant rudness was complately uncalled for. Luckily we found alternative accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
9.2 km away
16.7 km away
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to Maudlins House Hotel? Share your experiences!