“Almost perfect but ruined by the dirty pool ,very slow service at the Bar”
Review of Osprey Hotel

Osprey Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I and my family had a lovely duplex suite when we stayed there in the middle of January. Room was clean, smelled nice and bathroom was perfect. But got a really really bad service at the bar, it was VERRRRY SLOOOW...:( we only ordered a couple of burgers and pasta for me and the kids but it took ages as in almost an hour and the kids were all crying and hungry.so thats a bit stressful. When were sleeping the hotel's fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and then sadly after a few minutes we could hear really loud noise from people outside, i suppose from the bar or disco there too. so the room was actually not noise proof.didnt get much sleep after that. We went swimming the following morning and the pool especially the kid's pool and the other smaller one was unbelievably dirty. it seemed that they havent replaced the water for a month or so coz the water was almost brown and there are hair clips, chewing gum and other dirt floating in the pool. had to get out after seeing that. breakfast was good but just a littled grossed with the serving spoons floating in a bowl of water. the room and staff were great i have to say.

Room Tip: maybe ask for a room thats far from the disco's entrance/exit
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
JCaffreyRM, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Apple C

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Customer feedback is something we value and every comment we receive both positive and negative is actioned as soon as possible. Thanks for your kind comments about our staff. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

996 - 1,000 of 1,216 reviews

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My room was lovely- big bed, nice oversized rain head shower and free standing bath.
The staff were good and attentive, expecially those who i dealt with regarding my room service order.
The older lady in the restaurant with short hair was a little mardy.
Food not so great apart from breakfast which was really nice. One night I had a steak sandwich in the bar, the onions were not sweet and caramelised but very bitter and ruined the whole thing.
Another night I had the burger (very boring) and the apple pie (again, just very average).
Not bad overall

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Dear Snubb

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I’m sorry if you felt the food was not to your taste but we do try to accommodate all our guests as best we can but sometimes it is just not possible to please everyone. I hope to welcome you back to the Osprey very soon.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 24 February 2012

The place was very nice and clean. I had to be in the shower at 5:30 a.m. but when I turned the shower on the water was cold. I ran the water for 10 minutes (what a waste of a natural resource - I felt so guilty). I finally called the front desk to ask if something was wrong with their boiler. The response was "No, you are up too early. Let the water run longer." Another 10 minutes and there was finally hot water but I was running late!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
JCaffreyRM, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear NewYorkMandM

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I do apologise for what you experienced during your stay, it was a problem with our boiler. I must also apologise for that particular staff member, who has been spoken to. I hope this will not discourage you from returning to the Osprey in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the Osprey for a low key hens night in January last year. Our rooms were huge with beautiful bathrooms (with monsoon showers!). Food in the restaurant was really lovely and our spa treatments very relaxing. To finish off we were in the VIP section of the nightclub and the manager made sure we were properly looked after. All in all a great weekend and will return!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
JCaffreyRM, General Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Jenster30,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and I'm glad to hear that you and your fellow hens enjoyed yourselves. I hope we will see all of you back at the Osprey in the future.

Best regards,

John Caffrey
Complex Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Spent three nights in the Osprey Hotel mid week. From the moment we checked in to the time we left we had excellent service from all staff. They were friendly and took time to chat and help in any way. Because we were a little early for check in our room wasn't ready but the manager offered us coffee in the lobby and even brought us the paper and a magazine. We ate in the bar and the restaurant and the food in both was excellent. The spa and pool are well worth a visit and staff here too were extremely helpful. We originally intended to stay for two nights but enjoyed it so much we booked in for an extra night. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dera LeinsterIrelandRuby,

Thank you very much for your kind words and we appreciate you staying for a third night as you were having such a good time! I hope we will see you back at the Osprey soon for even longer!

Best regards,

John Caffrey
Complex Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
2.4 km away
9.2 km away
Maudlins House Hotel
20.9 km away
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!